No announcement yet.

Kelly Pavlik vs. Librado Andrade?..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelly Pavlik vs. Librado Andrade?..

I was thinking about Kelly Pavlik last night (no ****) and thought this would be a great first fight for him at super middleweight. Pavlik is on the ?outs? right now and desperately needs a big win to get him back into the title picture. I think Andrade is that opponent who will make Pavlik work and test him at the higher weight class. Plus, you gotta think that this fight would be an all action slugfest as both fighters are not exactly defensively inclined and a fight HBO could easily make...

On the other hand, what better fight to build on Librado?s momentum after his impressive destruction of Canadian Eric Lucas last month, than Kelly Pavlik? Pavlik is what you might call a ?vulnerable fighter? right now after his letdown to Sergio Martinez and is one loss away from being ?irrelevant? in the boxing world?

Discuss?.
    ________
    Chevrolet g-series vans
    Pavlik by KO
    43.48%
    Pavlik by decision
    30.43%
    Andrade by KO
    21.74%
    Andrade by decision
    4.35%
    Last edited by BostonGuy; 03-09-2011, 04:27 AM.

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
    I was thinking about Kelly Pavlik last night (no ****) and thought this would be a great first fight for him at super middleweight. Pavlik is on the ‘outs’ right now and desperately needs a big win to get him back into the title picture. I think Andrade is that opponent who will make Pavlik work and test him at the higher weight class. Plus, you gotta think that this fight would be an all action slugfest as both fighters are not exactly defensively inclined and a fight HBO could easily make...

On the other hand, what better fight to build on Librado’s momentum after his impressive destruction of Canadian Eric Lucas last month, than Kelly Pavlik? Pavlik is what you might call a ‘vulnerable fighter’ right now after his letdown to Sergio Martinez and is one loss away from being ‘irrelevant’ in the boxing world…

Discuss….
    I would to see this fight not sure about the outcome tho.

Comment

Originally posted by romebyko View Post
      I would to see this fight not sure about the outcome tho.
      I could easily see it going either way because they?re so closely matchup up. This is even a ?crossroads fight? of sorts?
      ________
      Vaporizer Guide
      Last edited by BostonGuy; 03-09-2011, 04:28 AM.

Comment

Kelly can kiss his Boxing career goodbye if he can't beat Librado Andrade.

Comment

Pavlik should take some time and get in good shape and work on his skills and pick off the guys he can beat from that Super Six, Abraham, Froch & Kessler could all be perfect for him and give him a chance at winning some fights in a way that make him look good to watch again.

Comment

I think it'd be on par with the first Jermain Taylor-Kelly Pavlik fight if not better. Could be very very entertaining. Andrade has a rock head, keeps coming forward, and apparently loves getting hit. What's not to like???

Comment

Originally posted by We$ley View Post
              Kelly can kiss his Boxing career goodbye if he can't beat Librado Andrade.
              Yes, it?s very much a ?crossroads? fight for Pavlik. A win will set up another big fight for him, a loss will set him back light years.

Originally posted by j.one View Post
              Pavlik should take some time and get in good shape and work on his skills and pick off the guys he can beat from that Super Six, Abraham, Froch & Kessler could all be perfect for him and give him a chance at winning some fights in a way that make him look good to watch again.
              The ?losers? from the Super Six will not be available until next year. Pavlik, obviously, needs to get some wins under his belt in the interim?

Originally posted by ADozenArrows View Post
              I think it'd be on par with the first Jermain Taylor-Kelly Pavlik fight if not better. Could be very very entertaining. Andrade has a rock head, keeps coming forward, and apparently loves getting hit. What's not to like???
              Yes, this is a fan friendly fight for sure and I think HBO would schedule this in a heartbeat?
              ________
              **** On
              Last edited by BostonGuy; 03-09-2011, 04:29 AM.

Comment

I would love to see this fight.I think andrade takes pavlik out.Hbo or
                showtime should buy this fight.The only other fight for kelly is bute,And
                i think pavlik has no chance against him.

Comment

He should be able to beat Andrade...I mean thats the perfect opponent for him..A slow flat footed boxer with no defense lol.

Comment

I don't see how people think Andrade destroyed Eric Lucas. Lucas was teeing off on Andrade, and backed him up several times during the fight. From what I saw from that fight, I think Pavlik would knock Andrade out. His once solid chin seems plenty penetrable now.

Comment

Working...
                    X