No announcement yet.

Forearms in boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forearms in boxing

I just have a question about forearms when inside fighting. Are you allowed to use your forearms, and if so, how can you use them effectively?

Your not allowed to but you can get away with it.

There really isn't any really effective way of using them. The only real effective way that I have seen is Floyd's shoulder roll D. He sticks the lead forearm and/or elbow in the neck of his opponents. Sometimes he uses his forearm to push the opponent's head into position so he can hit them.

Other than that. Every other way is just an ugly way of pushing and for the most part ineffective.

Comment

Originally posted by shinzie View Post
      I just have a question about forearms when inside fighting. Are you allowed to use your forearms, and if so, how can you use them effectively?
      youre not allowed, that is considered using elbows. veterans use it to make room for upper cuts or open up the opponents guard.

Comment

Comment

understood understood.

Comment

apparently mayweather is a Thaiboxer these days...

Comment

You aren't allowed to, in the amateurs it will usually get pulled up fast, at top level anyway. In the pros it is still technically illegal, but it can be gotten away with and tolerated, like clinching.

Comment

Working...
              X