Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michael Jordan Is Leaving Chicago to Play For Detroit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lebron's not close to mike. like at all.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeKickAss View Post
      Michael Jordan Is Leaving Chicago to Play For Detroit
      announced on national television he's leaving Chicago to join the Detroit Pistons. Jordan said it was tough to bolt Chicago, where he was the most popular athlete in many years, because he thinks he has a better chance to win a championship if he plays with Pistons star Isiah Thomas. Jordan said by playing together, he and Thomas "won't have the pressure of going out and scoring 30 every night."

That would have sounded absurd, right? Well, it is no more absurd than what LeBron James is doing. Jordan was 27 years old in 1990, slightly older than James is now. He had never been to the NBA Finals. He had been beaten up by the Celtics and Pistons for years. He doubted his supporting cast was good enough.

But he never doubted himself.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...html?eref=sihp
      as much as I hate Lebron joining Wade and Bosh, you can't compare the 2 like that. Jordan played in a much easier era than the present era.

there are just too many powerhouse teams in the NBA right now. and if Lebron hadn't joined the Heat, Miami would have just been 1 more powerhouse team for him to contend with, in not just the playoffs but in the regular season. and yes regular season also matters a lot cuz playing against great teams 20+ times a year, causes a lot of ware throughout the course of a long season.

IMO, had current teams like the Magic, Celtics, Lakers, Mavericks, Suns, Nuggets... have played during Jordan's era, I doubt he would have managed even 1 championship, let alone 6.

If you look at it that way, you can see why Lebron maybe had to do what he did. I would have loved to see him go to Chicago, NY or stay with the Cavs and try to do it without multiple superstars along side him, but what he did was totally understandable because this isn't 90's NBA anymore. Totally different landscape.
      Last edited by -Swizzy-; 07-09-2010, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FIBONACCI View Post
        In the short term people won't appreciate any accomplishments LeBron has with the Heat, but they will appreciate it them in the long term.
        I doubt it.

Comment

Noooooooooooooooooooo!

I thought that Jordan would stay with the bulls forever.

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
            as much as I hate Lebron joining Wade and Bosh, you can't compare the 2 like that. Jordan played in a much easier era than the present era.

there are just too many powerhouse teams in the NBA right now. and if Lebron hadn't joined the Heat, Miami would have just been 1 more powerhouse team for him to contend with, in not just the playoffs but in the regular season. and yes regular season also matters a lot cuz playing against great teams 20+ times a year, causes a lot of ware throughout the course of a long season.

IMO, had current teams like the Magic, Celtics, Lakers, Mavericks, Suns, Nuggets... have played during Jordan's era, I doubt he would have managed even 1 championship, let alone 6.

If you look at it that way, you can see why Lebron maybe had to do what he did. I would have loved to see him go to Chicago, NY or stay with the Cavs and try to do it without multiple superstars along side him, but what he did was totally understandable because this isn't 90's NBA anymore. Totally different landscape.

Pistons bad boys, Magic and Worthy on the Lakers, Drexler on the Blazers, Barkley on the Suns, Penny Hardaway and Shaq on the Magic, Stockton and Malone on the Jazz, the Glove on the Sonics. Olajuwon and Drexler on the Rockets. Ewing on the Knicks.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutting Corners View Post

Pistons bad boys, Magic and Worthy on the Lakers, Drexler on the Blazers, Barkley on the Suns, Penny Hardaway and Shaq on the Magic, Stockton and Malone on the Jazz, the Glove on the Sonics. Olajuwon and Drexler on the Rockets. Ewing on the Knicks.
              oh god, how I could dissect every team right there. but that would just be too long of a post. I'll just let you do all the work and see for yourself... just look at the FULL rosters of all those teams and also compare each of those players to today's players.

example: Rodman was a 6'7 200 lbs PF who was a rebounding juggernaut. the guy averaged almost 19rebs one season. lol. Dwight Howard can barely manage 13rebs in today's nba.
              Last edited by -Swizzy-; 07-09-2010, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
                oh god, how I could dissect every team right there. but that would just be too long of a post. I'll just let you do all the work and see for yourself... just look at the FULL rosters of all those teams and also compare each of those players to today's players.

example: Rodman was a 6'7 200 lbs PF who was a rebounding juggernaut. the guy averaged almost 19rebs one season. lol. Dwight Howard can barely manage 13rebs in today's nba.
                Yeah it's called technique.

That's why 6'9 David Lee can bring down 12 rebounds a game, while 7'6 Yao Ming has never averaged more than 11.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutting Corners View Post
                  Yeah it's called technique.

That's why 6'9 David Lee can bring down 12 rebounds a game, while 7'6 Yao Ming has never averaged more than 11.
                  its called playing against other under-sized and under-skilled(compared to today) players. and please don't give me 5-6 names of big PF's. the truth is, rodman could have all the technique he wants, he wouldn't even come close to getting 13 per night in today's NBA, and I loved the way Rodman played.

Comment

Working...
                  X