Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing is dead in the USA. uk is the new Mecca.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can it not be dead when the top fighters are only fighting once a year? It's ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by HAMMER77777 View Post
      In terms of TV ratings, NFL, MLB, NBA will always be the top 3, in that order. But so what? Everything isn't a competition. Boxing, tennis (the 2 sports that I Watch the most) can certainly be top 10. The US Open tennis, as well as smaller tournaments in Miami, Cincinnati routinely sell out. Boxing sells out in places like MSG, Atlantic City, heck even Bismarck ND (Virgil Hill's Last Fight). Boxing isn't going anywhere. And whats wrong with badminton LOL? Fun game, if ya try it!
      I don't have a problem with badminton, I even watched a bit of once I had posted. I was just surprised because I live in central Fl. Basically if the US plays a sport we have a team or two. I was just shocked I'd've never heard of it being a major sport in the US.

As far as the ranking, it's not for competitive reasons is to gauge potential audience sizes. The UK only has 6 billion people whereas America has 300 billion. If your target demographic is X% of a population you're going to get a lot more sales out of america.

I'm fairly certain the first mention of UK top ten sports was allusion to how much more boxing can grow in the UK. My bringing up the US's top ten is allusion to how little the US can be interested and still rival the UK's interests. It's not competitive, it's nerdy.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
        I don't have a problem with badminton, I even watched a bit of once I had posted. I was just surprised because I live in central Fl. Basically if the US plays a sport we have a team or two. I was just shocked I'd've never heard of it being a major sport in the US.

As far as the ranking, it's not for competitive reasons is to gauge potential audience sizes. The UK only has 6 billion people whereas America has 300 billion. If your target demographic is X% of a population you're going to get a lot more sales out of america.

I'm fairly certain the first mention of UK top ten sports was allusion to how much more boxing can grow in the UK. My bringing up the US's top ten is allusion to how little the US can be interested and still rival the UK's interests. It's not competitive, it's nerdy.
        Million, LOL!

Comment

Million, LOL!
          meh, ok dude that changes everything about what I said.

Comment

Anybody even trying to debate that? While here in the States everything is so divisive and racially driven which is pushing casual fans away! Happy for the UK they DESERVE to be the mecca of BOXING!

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
              meh, ok dude that changes everything about what I said.
              Only because there are only about 8 billion people on Earth, so 300 billion in the US seemed a bit much LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Kuyukut View Post
                not until the brits learn how to brush their few remaining teeth!

Comment

Only because there are only about 8 billion people on Earth, so 300 billion in the US seemed a bit much LOL!
                  I went around all day saying billion too.

Comment

I'm a sports nerd, give me boxing and NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, and even MLS. NASCAR, golf, and tennis can **** off. I'll also watch Olympic sports twice every 4 years.

We're lucky in America in that regard. We have a lot of choices. It would be miserable if we just had the NFL. All England has is the Premier League.

Comment

I know you Brits like to think that but that's just wishful thinking. You gents have come a long way in bringing fighters with real skills to the table but as for being the Mecca of boxing. No way.

Comment

Working...
                      X