This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
    His scoring output would dwindle to single digits most likely. His assists could stay the same but with the grief Ozil gets, how can you rate Messi as high at that point?

His best fit would be City and Chelsea. At City, he'd be put on the wing in their 433 and be limited to auxiliary player most likely. He wouldn't be able to drift around in that team because those players have no clue.

Chelsea would most likely be his best fit because he'd be used just like Hazard. Allowed to drift around the pitch because of the way the style of play is set up. He'd have the space to do so but even then Hazard gets kicked into the ground.

La Liga also has soft defenses and are indisciplined. Messi has never scored against Chelsea and that should be proof enough of when a low block vs. Messi nullifies him almost completely. Can't score from outside the box, so sit deep and watch him do nothing.

Honestly, Messi wouldn't be what he is at Barca in the Prem. Maybe he still appears fantastic because you can't take his dribbling ability away from him but certainly his productivity can fall. Specially when he can't hit the back of the net from beyond the 18.
    Mate, i don't know even know what to say. Some gems here doe. Single digits is my fave doe. A league in which Troyston Deeney gets double digits on the regular, Flicker believes Messi would only get single digits. Ok lad.

Comment

• Remember i told you guys that this particular summer was about to be the hottest on record? That our new stand was on the verge of bearing significant fruit? Well the time has come ladies and gentlewomen. The time has cometh.

Douglas Costa is all but done, according to Mr Oaken Geoduck, a German source based inside the Bayern Munich headquarters. What a signing he will prove to be.

Comment

His scoring output would dwindle to single digits most likely. His assists could stay the same but with the grief Ozil gets, how can you rate Messi as high at that point?

His best fit would be City and Chelsea. At City, he'd be put on the wing in their 433 and be limited to auxiliary player most likely. He wouldn't be able to drift around in that team because those players have no clue.

Chelsea would most likely be his best fit because he'd be used just like Hazard. Allowed to drift around the pitch because of the way the style of play is set up. He'd have the space to do so but even then Hazard gets kicked into the ground.

La Liga also has soft defenses and are indisciplined. Messi has never scored against Chelsea and that should be proof enough of when a low block vs. Messi nullifies him almost completely. Can't score from outside the box, so sit deep and watch him do nothing.

Honestly, Messi wouldn't be what he is at Barca in the Prem. Maybe he still appears fantastic because you can't take his dribbling ability away from him but certainly his productivity can fall. Specially when he can't hit the back of the net from beyond the 18.
        You're out of your mind if you think he wouldn't have tremendous success in the EPL.

Comment

• Flicker why do you do it yourself mate?

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
            Mate, i don't know even know what to say. Some gems here doe. Single digits is my fave doe. A league in which Troyston Deeney gets double digits on the regular, Flicker believes Messi would only get single digits. Ok lad.
            Sanchez is killing it in premier league ffs what the **** you think a prime Messi would do.

He dick slaps United , Man City and Arsenal (19 goals in 10 matches)
            He can't play on a cold night v Stoke City doe

Comment

• Poor man's Matt Le Tissier if you ask me. Social media hype job.

Oh and the steroids.

Comment

• Originally posted by PrinceNaz88 View Post
                Flicker why do you do it yourself mate?
                I'm not doing anything.

I don't get why it's blasphemy to point out what's right before people's eyes.

Messi scores outside the box? No.
                La Liga has lesser defending than Prem? Yes.
                Messi ever scored on Chelsea's low block? Never.
                Over 50% of Prem clubs defend on low block? Yes.

People go bat shit crazy when anyone says anything other than Messi has no faults.
                But reality is, despite his ability to dribble and make things look incredibly easy. Even he has short comings. No pun intended.

People who don't lead the line in the Prem. Their numbers are dramatically lower than those that do.

The highest scorer of goals who doesn't lead the line is Dele Ali but he's an anomaly. He poaches and scores in the same way Lampard used to.

The next scorer is Eden Hazard (14) who has 2 things:
                1) Plays in a system that is built to get him into danger areas..
                2) Is given license to roam about as he sees fit.

After that you get Mane and Firmino who both play in systems built to get them running at or in-behind defenses before they can get their structure together. 13 and 11 goals.

So if you tell me Messi is going to do what he does with Barcelona (34 goals. 8 Assists)... In the Premier League? **** no. Kill yourself. Why?
                Because no team plays like Barcelona except Barcelona... First of all.
                Then second depending on the club, he may not even be a focal point of attack. Let alone get into danger areas if the style of play doesn't attempt to put him in danger areas.
                He may very well be made to be a playmaker and assist those around him with his runs and passing. Unlocking defenses for say Sergio Aguero or someone else.

But as soon as someone says anything other than Messi is god and does everything perfect. People flip their shit.

Comment

I'm not doing anything.

I don't get why it's blasphemy to point out what's right before people's eyes.

Messi scores outside the box? No.
                  La Liga has lesser defending than Prem? Yes.
                  Messi ever scored on Chelsea's low block? Never.
                  Over 50% of Prem clubs defend on low block? Yes.

People go bat shit crazy when anyone says anything other than Messi has no faults.
                  But reality is, despite his ability to dribble and make things look incredibly easy. Even he has short comings. No pun intended.

People who don't lead the line in the Prem. Their numbers are dramatically lower than those that do.

The highest scorer of goals who doesn't lead the line is Dele Ali but he's an anomaly. He poaches and scores in the same way Lampard used to.

The next scorer is Eden Hazard (14) who has 2 things:
                  1) Plays in a system that is built to get him into danger areas..
                  2) Is given license to roam about as he sees fit.

After that you get Mane and Firmino who both play in systems built to get them running at or in-behind defenses before they can get their structure together. 13 and 11 goals.

So if you tell me Messi is going to do what he does with Barcelona (34 goals. 8 Assists)... In the Premier League? **** no. Kill yourself. Why?
                  Because no team plays like Barcelona except Barcelona... First of all.
                  Then second depending on the club, he may not even be a focal point of attack. Let alone get into danger areas if the style of play doesn't attempt to put him in danger areas.
                  He may very well be made to be a playmaker and assist those around him with his runs and passing. Unlocking defenses for say Sergio Aguero or someone else.

But as soon as someone says anything other than Messi is god and does everything perfect. People flip their shit.
                  Flicker, Messi has more goals outside of the box this season than any other player in the 'big' 5 leagues.

What on earth are you talking about?

Comment

• Originally posted by black.ink View Post
                    Flicker, Messi has more goals outside of the box this season than any other player in the 'big' 5 leagues.

What on earth are you talking about?
                    You may be right. I didn't put much into searching it but to confirm your statement, I dug for stats and he has 7.
                    I don't know how many of those are free kicks, one was way by the corner flag, so that definitely was a free kick.

Either way, he certainly does have 7.

Zlatan has 4 in the premier and is the leader for that in England. I didn't feel that I needed to check the other 3 leagues after that.

So, you may actually be right about that.

Comment

• This title run-in is more stressful than any I can remember.

We are either not as good as those past Chelsea teams which I think is probably true or other teams just raise their level against us. Soton for about 30 minutes of that game were like Barcelona or something.

That James Ward-Prowse takes an absolute c.unt of a corner. I actually think he is within a fanny hair of just being able to put the f.ucker in from a corner. As a single skill James Ward-Prowse's corners would be included in your perfect footballer. I literally never notice him unless he is taking a corner so he can't be all that apart from that.

He has to play for England just because of that.

Comment

Working...
                      X