Collapse
No announcement yet.

The dislike for Chocolatito saddens me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, given that he just fought in the fight of the year, maybe people should at least try and learn Rungvisai's name?

Calling him " the Thai guy" is disrespectful to him and the sport of boxing. Try and show some class, for a change.

Comment

I might talk trash but I admire the guy and what he has done for the smaller weights. His resume is absolutely incredible, his skill set is extremely fun to watch and his rise to the top was a rollercoaster.

The only thing I disliked was the fact that he didn't give Estrada or Cuadras a rematch and now the tables have turned on him. He was allowing greedy whispers to enter his ears and began believing his own hype. There's nothing wrong with knowing your self worth but be reasonable.

Regardless, Roman "Chocolatito" Gonzalez will go down as one of the greatest fighters of all time for sure. What we witnessed and are witnessing is something special here.

Comment

Originally posted by The Smash View Post
        Also, given that he just fought in the fight of the year, maybe people should at least try and learn Rungvisai's name?

Calling him " the Thai guy" is disrespectful to him and the sport of boxing. Try and show some class, for a change.
        I called him green curry, not out of disrespect but out of respect for a highly tasteful national thai dish!

I fully believe the judges last weekend robbed Roman of a legacy defining fight in which he overcame serious adversity ( a mask of blood for a face), the KD, the bigger guy, the weight class he does not belong, the fact roman is slightly past prime.

Total BS tbh. roman WON the fight and in turn SHOULD be in contention for fighter of the year and fight of the year and a truely ATG HOF career...

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRayCurtain View Post
          I just find it hilarious that he gets so much praise for conquering 4 weightclasses when in reality its a total of like 6-8 pounds
          6 pounds isn't a lot people, i dont care how short you are.
          If youre a great fighter youre gonna beat guys who weigh a few pounds heavier than you

The P4P best isnt the best when youre blaming 115lbs being too heavy for you

Heres a thought, go to the gym for 2 months and weightlift. He'll gain a few pounds of muscle, problem solved.

Hes a beyond average fighter who beat C+ fighters his whole career and somehow fooled boxing fans hes number 1 P4P.
          Hes 10lbs from his first weight class now which is more than all his P4P competition like Loma, Kovalev, Ward etc. Then you factor in that as a % of his body weight its far bigger than those up the scale then you see how impressive it is. Plus he has fought the best he could in each of those weightclasses (before he was a big name, other fighters ducked him).

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
            This is just another dumb comment^^^^^

If anything I've seen Floyd's fans gravitate toward Gonzalez
            Really? Because after he lost all the Floyd fans on here were spewing their hate on here. None of them wanted to see Roman go 50-0 or better. Not one!

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
              Undefeated, legitimate four weight world champion who beat the #1 at all four weights.
              He's not at his best weight, IS on the slide and understandable and just lost his trainer. He losses a razor thin fight (he arguably won) to a very good fighter who headbutted him so damn much he probably lost a pint of blood.

1 rather bs loss doesn't define him or take away his achievements. People whine ''why do you all hate..." but this guy is genuinely mistreated by so called fans and its just wrong. This guys a credit to the sport, a hof bound fighter and one of the best little men ever!
              He fights anyone and gives nothing but great fights.

I see people questioning his skillset are you for real? His balance, ability to glide in and out, his combination punching is as good as any fighter alives. Saying his defense is trash when its actually top draw considering how offensive he is, he is an offensive machine. He's constantly mixing it up stringing together 5-6 punch combinations against bigger, world class fighters of course he's going to take some back.
              If you don't think he's P4P I get that its subjective but to say he's pure overrated and this says nothing but you're very ignorant, have an agenda and a lack of understanding what you are watching.

He tore through the lower weights daring to be great and that he is.

Little men don't last long in the sport especially offensive ones who get into wars with bigger men. He's past his best but don't remember him for losing or not rematching your favorite fighter for shirt buttons who he already decisively handled. Should appreciate him for what he was at his peak. Remember him for what he gave when the sport was at an all-time low. If only there was more guys like that in the sport.

His careers not done he can bounce back a loss isn't the end of the world.
              Diva's often get criticism.

Comment

lol that's part of the sport. The differences of opinion creates interest and that's why we watch.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  You have got to be kidding, Kev. Some fans didn't like Ali, SRR, Duran, SRL, etc etc.

I am not sure if you are serious or not. If you are, then you need your head examined.

Liking the sport doesn't require liking every athlete in the sport.
                  I've been watching boxing since the early 1990s, and never told anyone they don't know anything about the sport or are not a fan of the sport because they don't like a fighter I like.

If someone does tell you that, just know that it's normal across every single subject you can think of, there's elites every where. I post in different forums, like science research, other sports, gaming, and even a law enforcement forum (these guys are level-headed mind you, you won't see trolling here). Let me give you an example, in a gaming forum I post in there's a subsection for the game Resident Evil...I can find you a handful of posts right now of members telling other members they're not real Resident Evil fans because they don't like Resident Evil 7 (the latest Resi game), even if those people being accused of not being real fans of the series have been following Resident Evil since the game started in the 90s. They're not real fans because they don't like some new game that just doesn't fit their style (first person view, hide and seek mechanic, etc). To me it's amusing because it happens everywhere. Boxing is no different.

I would give you other amusing examples from science research forums, but you get the point. Elites are everywhere. Most I do is discuss/disagree about certain fighters, but you will never see me stoop as low as to tell someone who has probably been following the sport as much as I do that they don't know about the sport because they don't care about Finito Lopez or some bs like that.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                    If you can watch that fight and come away with the conclusion that either of those fighters are bums, you really don't know boxing

Gonzalez has beaten three reigning titlists (Niida, Yaegashi and Cuadras), two former titlists (Viloria and Sosa) and four fighters who won titles after he beat them (Estrada, Rodriguez, Takayama and Yaegashi), plus Arroyo who arguably beat Ruenroeng in a title fight, and evidently many people thought he also beat Sor Rungvisai on the weekend, who is a former titlist himself. That's nine good wins and one close loss to a good fighter. Ward only has six. Also, Gonzlaez has moved up 10 lbs since his first title fight, a gain of 9.5%, while Ward has moved up 7 lbs since his first title fight, a gain of ~4%
                    stop it.. if a former garbage collector with a padded record and was 14-1 underdog was to beat Andre Ward you would say Ward lost to a bum.

and I appreciate what Gonzalez has accomplished. but a true pound for pound great doesn't lose fights to guys like that.

imagine Ward had lost to Brand and then I say he still belongs top 3 pound for pound.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                      Really? Because after he lost all the Floyd fans on here were spewing their hate on here. None of them wanted to see Roman go 50-0 or better. Not one!
                      I've seen Larry do nothing but give Roman props. there is one right there.

I think you're generalizing and thinking because you saw a couple do it that it automatically means all Floyd fans

Comment

Working...
                      X