No announcement yet.

The ring magazine is as ******ed as the alphabet gangs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
    Canelo-Smith did 300k and 51k attendance. That's Canelo's weakest showing. Golovkin can't even get on PPV fighting that level of opponent, he's on regular HBO. UK fans bought the Brook-Golovkin PPV for the UK fighter, UK is irrelevant in the Canelo v Golovkin fight because it won't be UK PPV.

Desperately trying to justify the upcoming duck and embarrassing yourself.

Canelo's gate alone made $5 mil. That's more than Golovkin-Lemieux PPV.
    Canelo-Smith did between 250K-300K buys. UK fans bought the Golovkin-Brook PPV because of them both. Canelo is in the same boat. Look at his highest viewership numbers and PPV buys. Without the right dance partner they're WEAK. Golovkin-Lemieux was GGG's first PPV. So what? Floyd's first HBO PPV against Gatti only did 340K buys and this was back in 2005 when the professional boxing market was much stronger than it is now. First-time PPV's and gate mean very little. Crawford-Postol's is another example of this. That fight shouldn't even have been a PPV.

You got schooled in the sport & business-side of pro boxing, both sides of the coin. Canelo has a dwindling fanbase and JCC Jr. is riding off of his father's coattails. Neither respect Canelo because he's a Mayweather Business Model (MBM) diva that waits out fighters as an opportunistic businessman. Canelo isn't some warrior lol. Buy a clue already!
    Last edited by Pugilisticuffs; 02-27-2017, 11:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pugilisticuffs View Post
      Canelo-Smith did between 250K-300K buys. UK fans bought the Brook-Golovkin PPV because of them both. Canelo is in the same boat. Look at his highest viewership numbers and PPV buys. Without the right dance partner they're WEAK. Golovkin-Lemieux was GGG's first PPV. So what? Floyd's first HBO PPV against Gatti only did 340K buys and this was back in 2005 when the professional boxing market was much stronger than it is now. First-time PPV's and gate mean very little. Crawford-Postol's is another example of this. That fight shouldn't even have been a PPV.

You got schooled in the sport & business-side of pro boxing, both sides of the coin. Canelo has a dwindling fanbase and JCC Jr. is riding off of his father's coattails. Neither respect Canelo because he's a Mayweather Business Model (MBM) diva that waits out fighters as an opportunist businessman. Canelo isn't some warrior lol. Buy a clue already!
      You actually think you schooled me? You proved my point over and over. No matter how hard you tried you couldn't make the $15 mil offer look bad. Canelo's weakest showing did better at the gate than the entire Golovkin-Lemieux did PPV+Gate combined. Golovkin isn't a draw. $15 mil is way more than he deserves. It's a great offer.

I'm bored of you exposing yourself as ridiculous nuthugger. It was nice laughing at you.

Comment

• Originally posted by lparm View Post
        I'm not the biggest fan of ggg and personally I think he's destroyed by the first elite fighter he faces but I give him credit for cleaning out the 160lbs division. With that said how the fucl can the ring magazine the supposed "bible of boxing" keep canelo as their mw champ? He flat out ran from a fight with ggg and now is exclusive at 154lbs. The hypocrisy of the ring is incredible and they cannot be taken seriously by any fan.
        By "elite fighter" you mean...? Canelo, Pacquiao? Cotto??? Maybe Ward?

Cotto is elite fighter. You realy believe Cotto would have a chance against GGG?

Comment

You actually think you schooled me? You proved my point over and over. No matter how hard you tried you couldn't make the $15 mil offer look bad. Canelo's weakest showing did better at the gate than the entire Golovkin-Lemieux did PPV+Gate combined. Golovkin isn't a draw. $15 mil is way more than he deserves. It's a great offer.

I'm bored of you exposing yourself as ridiculous nuthugger. It was nice laughing at you.
          You were schooled by me and the rest of the posters in this thread. You got learned. I made the $15 mil offer look stupid just with projected PPV buys alone & realistic varying PPU's (Price Per Unit). If there's any nut hugger here it's you with this Canelo is the mega A-side crap. He's not. The numbers don't lie from his last outing. He couldn't even pull his own weight.
          Last edited by Pugilisticuffs; 02-28-2017, 12:16 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
            By "elite fighter" you mean...? Canelo, Pacquiao? Cotto??? Maybe Ward?

Cotto is elite fighter. You realy believe Cotto would have a chance against GGG?
            Manny is elite, he's a proven atg p4p. Canelo and Cotto I'd say are great fighters in this era but not elite. The only elite level fighters in this current era are Manny, wlad and Ward. If Floyd comes back add him to that list but that's how small the elite bracket is today in boxing. We have some great fighters like rigo, Cotto, Roman, jmm, froch etc but the elite level are a dying breed.

Comment

$15 mil is cash out enough, it's 5x more than he's ever earned. I find it crazy that he hasn't agreed already. He has no other options, if he turns it down he'll likely end up back on HBO fighting a mandatory making $2 mil. Canelo is likely going to earn more fighting Chavez than he will fighting Golovkin because Chavez is only getting paid 6 mil. He should take the money, Canelo holds all the cards and Golovkin isn't getting any younger.
              It would be interesting to see how legit this offer is anyway. He should accept it and watch the goalposts move. If these guys were serious about making the fight, they'd offer a split like every other ppv fight between name fighters. It's for mw supremacy ffs...it's not like canelo is fighting a tune up or some fringe contender. This whole offer thing is just a reaction to canelo getting called out by mexican fans...a way to say look, it's not our fault.

Comment

• JCC was elite status but jr is like a step above a journeyman.

Comment

• Originally posted by lparm View Post
                  Manny is elite, he's a proven atg p4p. Canelo and Cotto I'd say are great fighters in this era but not elite. The only elite level fighters in this current era are Manny, wlad and Ward. If Floyd comes back add him to that list but that's how small the elite bracket is today in boxing. We have some great fighters like rigo, Cotto, Roman, jmm, froch etc but the elite level are a dying breed.
                  Marquez was also elite, would you say? We know Popkins & Jones were.

I think Kovalev & Canelo can definitely get there over a few years. Canelo especially, as he is very young and has a great style.

Kov would need to do a bit more, he's surprisingly ancient. Actually getting a W against Ward, beating Alvarez to become undisputed, beating hard contenders in Smith, Beterbiev, Clev/Braehmer. Cleaning out LHW would warrant elite status.

Comment

Working...
                  X