McG vs Diaz scorecards - nobody gave Diaz the 4th! Stahp it

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by adrikitty View Post
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/8/21...recard-ufc-202

The reason Diaz got the one even card, is cause a judge gave Diaz the third 10-8... Which, while I think is completely off (if so, Conor should have had a 10-8 in the second for complete domination)... It's more justifiable than giving Diaz the fourth round.

but he didnt completely dominate that round, diaz took it toom him the last 40 seconds or so.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg View Post
      but he didnt completely dominate that round, diaz took it toom him the last 40 seconds or so.
      Aye - that's true...

But those two knockdowns... He was in a huge hole, and probably just barely made it a 10-9 round with those flurries in the last 90 seconds.

You're right - it wasn't complete domination - but I think you could definitely justify Connor getting a 10-8 round in first, or second, moreso than you can Diaz getting a 10-8 round in the third.

He spent most of the round just leaning on Connor against the cage... And when he did land punches, they were pity pat flurries at close range, and Connor was rolling with most of them.

I still think this fight was easy as hell to score, without any controversy whatsoever. Connor clearly, without a doubt, won rounds 1,2, and 4. And Nate clearly,without a doubt won round 3, and 5. Although round 5 was dead even until Diaz got that takedown with like five seconds left.

3-2 connor.

Comment

Originally posted by loui_ludwig View Post
        How the hell round 3 is scored as 10-8 on the white scoring card.
        Because....(see sig)

Comment

The only questionable round is round 2 really...

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
            With two knockdowns? Please. I only find the 5th more questionable because most seem to base it all on a takedown in the last seconds of the round.

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
              Lol hell nah. How does 3 and a half minutes of TOTAL domination... straight up TWATTING you on your arse TWICE, get outdone by a few flurries, and aggression for 90 seconds?

LOL... The rally Diaz had - the only thing that did was make that a guaranteed 10-8 round, back into a 10-9 round.

Round 5 was the only round that was arguable... But most feel that Diaz's takedown in the last few seconds was the difference maker... I thought Connor landed the harder, cleaner strikes for most of the round, but Diaz controlled a lot of the action leaning against Connor on the cage, getting off a few elbows and short shots (to which Conor actually answered with his own a lot of the time)...

The fight was easy as hell to score - Connor won rounds 1,2, and 4; Diaz won rounds 3, and 5. But one could give Conor round 5 and it wouldn't be entirely wrong. NO 10-8 ROUNDS for either McGregor, nor Diaz.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
                With two knockdowns? Please. I only find the 5th more questionable because most seem to base it all on a takedown in the last seconds of the round.
                Yeah, the more I watch that round, the more I can see actually giving it to Conor because he landed the majority of clean, hard strikes in the round, and tha take down was with like 5 seconds left.

Still, I give that round to Nate, and I think he won the round when it comes down to it.

3-2 Conor - no controversy

Comment

Originally posted by adrikitty View Post
                  Yeah, the more I watch that round, the more I can see actually giving it to Conor because he landed the majority of clean, hard strikes in the round, and tha take down was with like 5 seconds left.

Still, I give that round to Nate, and I think he won the round when it comes down to it.

3-2 Conor - no controversy
                  And I only gave the 5th to Diaz just to be generous to him because I appriciate fighters who get a takedown late in a round and then immediately work as hard as possible to make something of it, which Nate did with the limited time he had left, instead of the ones who only score a takedown to secure the round for points but only lay and pray.

So I do agree with 3-2 Conor, with maybe 4-1 because the 5th was close.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
                    And I only gave the 5th to Diaz just to be generous to him because I appriciate fighters who get a takedown late in a round and then immediately work as hard as possible to make something of it, which Nate did with the limited time he had left, instead of the ones who only score a takedown to secure the round for points but only lay and pray.

So I do agree with 3-2 Conor, with maybe 4-1 because the 5th was close.
                    Well said.

Couldn't have given a better synopsis.

Comment

Round 2 is not a close round. Connor was the better fighter the first 4 min, then last minute goes to Diaz.

Round 3, Diaz was doing good at the start. Then middle, was back and forth. I thought Connor was doing good and will end up winning the round. But he got tired and Nate end up doing good at the last minute. 3 definitely for Diaz. If Connor keep fighting on, i can see this round being close, split among judges.

Want to watch the fight again but it's hard to find video of the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X