The Top 6 Technically Proficient Boxers Around Right Now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Top 6 Technically Proficient Boxers Around Right Now

1. Floyd Mayweather (43-0-0, 26 KOs)
    Considered the pound-for-pound best boxer on the planet by most boxing fans, Mayweather is in a class by himself when it comes to boxing technique. His defense is virtually flawless, and he's a lot better offensively than many give him credit for. It's no surprise that Mayweather is undefeated, as there is no better student of the game right now.

2. Andre Ward (26-0-0, 14 KOs)
    Ward seems to be the next king of boxing, and his technical savvy has had a lot to do with his success inside the ring. Ward's most impressive performance was against Chad Dawson on Sept. 8, as "S.O.G" outclassed his bigger -- and also technically competent -- opponent, before finally putting him away in the 10th round.

3. Adrien Broner (25-0-0, 21 KOs)
    Broner is arguably the most promising young star in boxing right now, and "The Problem's" future couldn't be any brighter. Unlike most technically savvy fighters, Broner also packs a lot of power in his punches, making him the likely heir to Mayweather's throne.

4. Sergio Martinez (50-2-2, 28 KOs)
    Martinez is always fun to watch, and his performance during his last outing against Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. was quite entertaining. Like Mayweather, Martinez is a very hard target to find inside the ring, but he does have a few lapses every now then.

5. Juan Manuel Marquez (54-6-1, 39 KOs)
    Even though Mayweather gave Marquez a boxing lesson when the two met in 2009, "Dinamita" is still one of the most technically sound boxers around right now. Just ask Manny Pacquiao who has consistently struggled against the Mexican.

6. Austin Trout (26-0-0, 14 KOs)
    Trout earned a lot of new fans with his Dec. 1 performance against Miguel Cotto, and he's arguably the best light-middleweight around right now. Austin proved he can keep his composure in a hostile situations against Cotto, out-boxing a more experienced veteran on his way to the biggest victory of his career.

http://voices.yahoo.com/top-6-techni...-11916976.html

No problem on Floyd as #1 but I think Donaire should be either #2 or #3...

Comment

Rigondeux should be #1 - 6, seriously it doesn't get more proficient than him.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
        Yeah, I thought Rigo would've been somewhere on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
          I agree with you on that, Martinez should not be on that list... Gamboa maybe included on that list... looks like the author only knows higher weights.
          Last edited by sapaw; 12-05-2012, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RlCKY View Post
            1. Floyd Mayweather (43-0-0, 26 KOs)
            Considered the pound-for-pound best boxer on the planet by most boxing fans, Mayweather is in a class by himself when it comes to boxing technique. His defense is virtually flawless, and he's a lot better offensively than many give him credit for. It's no surprise that Mayweather is undefeated, as there is no better student of the game right now.

2. Andre Ward (26-0-0, 14 KOs)
            Ward seems to be the next king of boxing, and his technical savvy has had a lot to do with his success inside the ring. Ward's most impressive performance was against Chad Dawson on Sept. 8, as "S.O.G" outclassed his bigger -- and also technically competent -- opponent, before finally putting him away in the 10th round.

3. Adrien Broner (25-0-0, 21 KOs)
            Broner is arguably the most promising young star in boxing right now, and "The Problem's" future couldn't be any brighter. Unlike most technically savvy fighters, Broner also packs a lot of power in his punches, making him the likely heir to Mayweather's throne.

4. Sergio Martinez (50-2-2, 28 KOs)
            Martinez is always fun to watch, and his performance during his last outing against Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. was quite entertaining. Like Mayweather, Martinez is a very hard target to find inside the ring, but he does have a few lapses every now then.

5. Juan Manuel Marquez (54-6-1, 39 KOs)
            Even though Mayweather gave Marquez a boxing lesson when the two met in 2009, "Dinamita" is still one of the most technically sound boxers around right now. Just ask Manny Pacquiao who has consistently struggled against the Mexican.

6. Austin Trout (26-0-0, 14 KOs)
            Trout earned a lot of new fans with his Dec. 1 performance against Miguel Cotto, and he's arguably the best light-middleweight around right now. Austin proved he can keep his composure in a hostile situations against Cotto, out-boxing a more experienced veteran on his way to the biggest victory of his career.

http://voices.yahoo.com/top-6-techni...-11916976.html

I wouldn't put Sergio there because I think he's more natural athleticism than boxing skill. I don't see great boxing from him but rather Roy Jones Jr type of ability that just is so much better than anyone he faces.

Trout is good but I wouldn't put him top 5. I would say that you could put GGG up there, Rigo definitely or even Lara.

There's a difference between athleticism and skill, some can have both but few do.

Comment

i'd put jmm at 3, rigondeaux at 4, broner at 6,, wlad at 5 and take sergio and trout off.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                I wouldn't put Sergio there because I think he's more natural athleticism than boxing skill. I don't see great boxing from him but rather Roy Jones Jr type of ability that just is so much better than anyone he faces.

Trout is good but I wouldn't put him top 5. I would say that you could put GGG up there, Rigo definitely or even Lara.

There's a difference between athleticism and skill, some can have both but few do.
                Agreed. I'm a huge "Maravilla" fan, but I don't believe he belongs on this list at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                  i'd put jmm at 3, rigondeaux at 4, broner at 6,, wlad at 5 and take sergio and trout off.
                  Nice rearrangement.

Interesting that Rigo didn't make the list, but Broner did, when "The Problem" should be pulling up the rear. I mean, even with the listed names, no way Adrien should be ahead of JMM.

Comment

Ioka Viloria just to show some love for the lower weights.....

Comment

Working...
                    X