No announcement yet.

Weigh ins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weigh ins

Should boxing do away with weigh ins a day before the fight and do them the day of?Really whats the purpous if fighting the actual fight ,another is able to be another weight,lighter or heavier?....I always felt they are useless other then protecting the event and making sure they are at weight but isn't it about the fighters...I think the weigh ins were always useless,they are either the weight or not!This goes for every combat sport as well!
    Last edited by juggernaut666; 04-24-2015, 12:24 AM.

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
    Should boxing do away with weigh ins a day before the fight and do them the day of?Really whats the purpous if fighting the actual fight ,another is able to be another weight,lighter or heavier?....I always felt they are useless other then protecting the event and making sure they are at weight but isn't it about the fighters...I think the weigh ins were always useless,they are either the weight or not!This goes for every combat sport as well!
    They barely even protect the event the way contracts are written up these days... overweight then they withdraw the titles... plus the financial penalties etc.

Modern day weigh-ins are more about getting the fighters together when they are hyped and ready to fight, cause or stir or sell more PPV and tickets with a final throw of the dice... so i don't feel weigh-ins are about weight as such these days.

Obviously, some fighters come in o/w to gain an advantage, or some fighters can't make weight and are drained etc.

So from a promotional perspective it needs to be day before to make more $$'s

Comment

Working...
    X