No announcement yet.

Bob Arum: good or bad for boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WilkinsOlajuwon View Post
    You can stop pretending GBP is this saintly promotion house that makes the best fights. That is fantasy talk. Quillin/anyone, Russell/tba, Wilder/cab drivers? Khan/diaz/molina? Floyd/Guerrero/Maidana? This is what fans want? GB has a lot more fighters that are ready for premium fights and they have done a nice job but they arent completely listening to fans like you say.
    I didn't say they were "completely" listening, nor was I painting them as saintly. This is your imagination. GBP are however providing better match-ups than Top Rank. Most of the big fights fans talk about wanting to see, end up becoming a reality.

And stop trying to dump water on Cotto v Sergio. Who is promoting the fight? TR. Period. They arent batting a thousand but you are clearly p*ssing in their cereal on purpose and not comparing equally. You should know the difference between leveraging your assets and avoiding the best matchups. I think both act very similar because they both know idiot fans will perpetuate low risk fights.
    Top Rank had little choice but to make the fight. If they were still in charge of Cotto's career, we'd probably be seeing Cotto-Pacquiao II - which is what they were talking about doing.
    Last edited by Weebler I; 04-16-2014, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Bob arum is a first ballot hall of famer, but the man is stingy as ****

Comment

Originally posted by DonMega View Post
        The guy has been in the business for 30-40 years. He's given us some of the best fights in boxing history. His business style seems to be a bit 'old school'. But what do you think, good or bad for boxing?

Let's discuss.
        It seems like all promoters are scumbags. They said Don King was a scumbag and I believe one of DLH fighters came to office and wanted to fight him.

Comment

I would take Arum over Don King or GB.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
            I didn't say they were "completely" listening, nor was I painting them as saintly. This is your imagination. GBP are however providing better match-ups than Top Rank. Most of the big fights fans talk about wanting to see, end up becoming a reality.

Top Rank had little choice but to make the fight. If they were still in charge of Cotto's career, we'd probably be seeing Cotto-Pacquiao II - which is what they were talking about doing.
            That is a blanket statement and only partly true. You can ignore the mediocre fights they've made with big name fighters but I can't.

In the end they are playing the exact same game and people like you are falling for it.

Comment

For years Uncle Bob didn't find anything wrong with Margacheatos brick loaded handwraps.

'Nuff said.

Comment

lets take a walk down richards path ...over paying fighter's so now they don't feel they have to fight the best and expect huge pay while stepping in the ring with lesser opponents giving them the right to duck ..i forget bob arum is stealing fighters money so they won't be able to pay our bills now lets riot

Comment

Originally posted by DonMega View Post
                  The guy has been in the business for 30-40 years. He's given us some of the best fights in boxing history. His business style seems to be a bit 'old school'. But what do you think, good or bad for boxing?

Let's discuss.
                  Arum has had his time, now he's more of a nuisance than an asset. He robs his clients blind and pretty much dictates where and when they fight without debate. It would seem that his clients also have little to no say, as to the direction their career's are guided in and in that regard, he is also a detriment to his clients.

So, Arum in reality is bad, not only for his clients, but also for the sport. He stirs up controversy with his opponents (Other Promoters) and withdraws his hand as if he had nothing to do with the disagreement. He, based on reports is difficult to work with and wants to have it all go his way, or not at all.

From a boxing fan's perspective, I actually hate Arum as a promoter. Mainly because he has and continues to manipulate, and take advantage his star client (Pac) and also, has gotten him in one hell of a financial and tax mess.

Arum, is a real world example of the worst of the worst, and one would have to search hard to find anyone truly benefiting from his services. Sure, on the surface and temporarily, everything looks nice and rosy ... But underneath, it is a foul cesspool and the stench is easily recognizable to those who understand how the boxing business really works.

Arum =

Comment

lt's 2014 technology has changed, it's more involved with the sport of boxing fans can react on opinion within reach. The dream Arum used to sell can no longer fool fans he's 82 with an old skool mindset. Once he reaches his outing in boxing the world will move on for the better.

Comment

Originally posted by AP***9824; View Post
                      lt's 2014 technology has changed, it's more involved with the sport of boxing fans can react on opinion within reach. The dream Arum used to sell can no longer fool fans he's 82 with an old skool mindset. Once he reaches his outing in boxing the world will move on for the better.
                      so your saying richard and al are helping the sport by trying to monopsony the sport ..... sure thing man

Comment

Working...
                      X