No announcement yet.

The number of empty seats at Rigo/Agbeko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The number of empty seats at Rigo/Agbeko

First off, I didn't start this thread to disparage Rigondeaux and his fan appeal (or lack thereof). Rigo was actually a little more engaging in this fight than he typically is, but Agbeko wanted zero part of him. Not Rigondeaux's fault.

But wow (and I'm just watching this fight for the first time as we speak), the number of empty ringside seats for an HBO main event...I don't recall seeing anything like it before. Now I do understand that most of the fans were there to see hometown guy Glen Tapia, but geeeeez. I'm here in the ninth round and HBO just showed a shot that displayed most of the venue, and I swear about 75% of the place is empty.

I can see Arum in the front row and he looks physically ill.

I still haven't seen the fight, heard it was horrible.

I also heard there were maybe 30 or so people in the stands? Is that true?

Comment

Yeah that was ridiculous. SMH at boxing fans

Comment

Rigo never going to have a fanbase first off he is cuban, small demographic to begin with, then he at the smaller weights, and finally his style is only for the purist not the casual fans. Hell casual fans dont even like mayweather they like what mayweather represents.

One thing I will mention is man HBO biased that night for rigo was disgusting, I mean they were literally saying that unless a fighters comes at Rigo like a mad man so he can look more impressive then its not his fault he looks so boring if his oppenents didnt want to. Basically saying Rigo is not at fault for the tempo he places etc etc.

One thing is for sure Rigo will never have a fanbase or have any pull with the networks till he learns english and goes the broner/mayweather route.

Comment

Man... put it down in Miami Bob...you dick

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
            I still haven't seen the fight, heard it was horrible.

I also heard there were maybe 30 or so people in the stands? Is that true?
            Idk but it was bad. Real bad. By the second half of the fight for every filled seat, there were 7 or 8 empty ones. Maybe more. Never seen anything like it for a main event on a premium network.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              Idk but it was bad. Real bad. By the second half of the fight for every filled seat, there were 7 or 8 empty ones. Maybe more. Never seen anything like it for a main event on a premium network.
              I don't expect them to release HBO numbers

Comment

People will still try to blame it on HBO and Arum...

Comment

I guess the main event on this card was only a main event in name only. The real main event was Tapia/Kirkland. The place was full and jumping for that one. And that wasn't unpredictable since they were there to see their boy Tapia, but you'd figure they'd stay through the main event. Lol it was like they all took off and left right after the Tapia/Kirkland bout.

Pretty sure only relatives of Rigo & Agbeko were left for their right. And maybe a few bored ass ring girls.

Comment

A lot of people where there for Tapia and they left after he got his azz beat especially those seats you focus on that the camera is always showing but putting Rigondeaux in a/c was just the laziest **** they could do NYC would have done much much better. But in the end that **** could have been on the moon Agbeko was a disgrace to boxing if anybody goes to a/c try to find his ballz i think they dropped after that first upper and body shot landed on him.

Comment

Working...
                    X