No announcement yet.

Any recommendations for gloves?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any recommendations for gloves?

Hey I need some gloves I can use for padwork technique and bag. 14 oz. With good protection for my hands and durable. I bought these **** gloves that get broken in very fast, have very bad protection, does not fit comfortably, and everything rips off every time something hits against it. What is a good quality durable and comfortable glove. I don't mind the price as long as it's under a 100 I need it because I train alot with them and I'm dedicated to the sport and need one that will last.

also I'm from canada so if possible name me some canadian stores if not I don't mind buying online

Originally posted by nirojsri View Post
    Hey I need some gloves I can use for padwork technique and bag. 14 oz. With good protection for my hands and durable. I bought these **** gloves that get broken in very fast, have very bad protection, does not fit comfortably, and everything rips off every time something hits against it. What is a good quality durable and comfortable glove. I don't mind the price as long as it's under a 100 I need it because I train alot with them and I'm dedicated to the sport and need one that will last.

also I'm from canada so if possible name me some canadian stores if not I don't mind buying online
    get your self some good pro gloves like reyes, they are a little more expensive but they will offer the best protection and will last for years if takin care of. i dont understand people who buy cheap gloves to save money and then wind up hurting thier hands or buyin a new pair in a couple of months anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by dchampishere View Post
      get your self some good pro gloves like reyes, they are a little more expensive but they will offer the best protection and will last for years if takin care of. i dont understand people who buy cheap gloves to save money and then wind up hurting thier hands or buyin a new pair in a couple of months anyway.

no do not get Cleto Reyes if you are doing bag and pad work. Reyes do not offer very good protection for bags and pads, the foam is shaped very oddly in the front. I only use mine for sparring. Get a pair of Ringside IMF tech gloves or Title Gel World Training gloves for some stuff like that. They are around 70 dollars.

Comment

Problem for you is you're in Canada (like me) so anything you order online from Ringside or Titleboxing ends up costing double the listed price after you pay delivery and especially the customs fees.

Rival is the best Canadian brand, so unless you have a store in your area that carries quality gloves (unlikely since most boxing/mma/martial arts stores seem to be filled with affliction and tapout shirts and pretty much no actual equipment for people who train) they are your best bet.

I've got their "Super Bag Gloves" in 14oz, and they're good, but they do have even better models for more money. I also have a pair of their sparring gloves in 18oz and the cheaper headgear that they have and they are both great.

rivalboxing.com

Comment

Originally posted by I3C727 View Post
          no do not get Cleto Reyes if you are doing bag and pad work. Reyes do not offer very good protection for bags and pads, the foam is shaped very oddly in the front. I only use mine for sparring. Get a pair of Ringside IMF tech gloves or Title Gel World Training gloves for some stuff like that. They are around 70 dollars.
          really i have never had a problem and almost every pro i have ever known have used reyes with no problems. been boxing for over 20 years so i dont know where you got that info about the padding from

Comment

Originally posted by ScottDBA View Post
            Problem for you is you're in Canada (like me) so anything you order online from Ringside or Titleboxing ends up costing double the listed price after you pay delivery and especially the customs fees.

Rival is the best Canadian brand, so unless you have a store in your area that carries quality gloves (unlikely since most boxing/mma/martial arts stores seem to be filled with affliction and tapout shirts and pretty much no actual equipment for people who train) they are your best bet.

I've got their "Super Bag Gloves" in 14oz, and they're good, but they do have even better models for more money. I also have a pair of their sparring gloves in 18oz and the cheaper headgear that they have and they are both great.

rivalboxing.com
            got that right. order during the holidays was $220 US from title. by the time I received it and finished paying taxes, exchange and customs was over $400 Can.

Comment

For training id get reys if you want to break your hand or wrist. would never even think about wearing them for training. If you want golves with great protection there is only one choice... WINNING, expensive absolutly, but worth every penny. i have a pair of 16oz and since my wrist problem has dissapeared.

Comment

just buy yourself some grant's the ones i use are listed at like $70 and they're the best i've ever had.

Comment

really i have never had a problem and almost every pro i have ever known have used reyes with no problems. been boxing for over 20 years so i dont know where you got that info about the padding from
                  if you actually use reyes you can tell. Just do a search for Cleto Reyes and see what everyone has to say about them. Sparring glove only trust me.

If you see people who hit bags with there reyes then idk what they are thinking, either they have the reyes bag gloves or they dont care about the gear they buy and just order and use, no research.

Comment

http://www.rivalboxing.com/e/gloves-e.html

I know you live near montreal, you can go try them on before buying them. I have a pair of sparring glove and a pair of bag gloves, great stuff.

Comment

Working...
                    X