No announcement yet.

Why dearth of Black heavyweights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Check View Post
    I understand the premise but Valuev had he not been born a monster would not of accomplished anything in boxing. Rossy although he sucks actually has some skill.
    Plenty of 7 foot tall other guys playing basketball in Russia, are you saying that Valuev is the only one? LOL That's where that pathetic racist argument that all big US black athletes play other sports like football and basketball goes to **** - other countries don't have boxing as their primary sport either, do you understand that?

Enjoy the white domination...you racist.

Comment

Originally posted by WladIsTheChamp View Post
      Racist as ****, that's what I thought - Marcianno was white and undefeated and he faced black fighters from the best boxing era (for all the nostalgic racists it was one of the greatest eras). So you are claiming physical superiority of one race over another? Then why are the top powerlifters, strongman competitors, wrestlers white?

So the Klitschkos are not facing the elite? Dmitry Pirog is not facing the elite?

You are racist man, but hey, that's why it troubles you and your ilk so much that two white brothers are controlling the HW division are now figthing for top ATG spots in history. I love it man, love it. You all trying to make excuses for it now - cause you can't handle it. What's your kind's latest excuse - oh that's right, Michael Jordan single handidly ruined the stock of black US HW boxers LOL ****ing jokers
      Tiger Woods, my man, Tiger Woods.

Comment

Originally posted by It's Ovah View Post
        Sorry, I forgot, the black youths wer so impressed with all the banging he was doing that they all switched from boxing to golf so that they could bang more white chicks...

Comment

for a white person to question the NBA or NFL theory.....it's pretty much meaningless (especially if you live out side of the u.s.) in the AA community when jordan became so ultra famous almost NO one wanted to be boxers anymore. i remember there was a time when every young black boy wanted to be HEAVYWEIGHT champ of the world. fathers would even call their boys champs (thinking they were gonna rain as A heavyweight champion one day) barber shops were FILLED with gossip about boxing.

when jordan became so ultra famous in the 90s he brought a movement with him. "i wanna be like mike" almost all of the young african american boys wanted to follow in his foots. i GREW UP IN AMERICA AS A BLACK KID so i should know. boxing became a thing of the past. if you are white & live outside of the u.s. you wouldn't understand this.

this commercial about "wanting to be like mike" was pretty much a understatement at the time. MIKE BECAME EVERY YOUNG AA KID WHO WAS EVEN A TINY BIT INTERESTED IN SPORTS. mike tyson was really the last heavyweight that young black boys in america looked up to. when he was gone it was REALLY over at that point. i think black boxers of today in GENERAL have lost talent. & it goes back to stuff like this. but the major hit was in the heavyweight division as that was the most popular division in the AA community.

also the NBA players of the past (like the 60's 70's) are probably smaller then the ones today. thats because of change of diet. thats why there were so many "small" american heavyweights in the 60's compared to today. those guys would have been BIGGER if they came up on our diet, time, & realty. all of these tall big lebron james most likely didn't care about boxing coming up as a kid. thats because jordan & his movement captivated these boys hearts & they wanted to be like MJ & no longer like ali.

THIS IS WHAT AA BOYS WAS SEEING AS THEY WERE GROWING UP. ITS EASY TO SEE WHY HEAVY INTREST WAS LOST. if you still can't understand this. I WOULD argue that you just can't comprehend basic logic. it's EASY to see to me & it's SOLID valid points.

-------> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWDmau1Vbxs

Last edited by americanbot; 10-24-2010, 08:54 PM.

Comment

So the best explanation for there being no current great black HWs is because some random black kid from probably an impoverished area would have been great for sure if he picked up some gloves but because he saw a basketball player in a sneaker commercial one time he never did so that great black HW doesn't exist now? wow..............

Comment

All of the best black heavyweights have been destroyed by Eastern Europeans. The same thing is happening in many other weight classes too.

Soviets weren't allowed to turn pro until the 1990s because of the cold war.

Now Soviets are allowed to turn pro and we're already taking over boxing.

This is just the beginning of the Eastern European domination.

The NFL/NBA excuse is weak.

There are tons of potential Eastern European Heavyweight Boxers who are doing Combat Sambo, MMA, Kickboxing, Hockey, Olympic Wrestling, Olympic Weightlifting, Powerlifting, Worlds Strongest Man Competitions, etc.

America isn't the only country on the planet that has other sports.

Eastern European fighters are superior.

Either Klitschko beats any HW from any era.
              Last edited by Steelhammer2011; 10-24-2010, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by It's Ovah View Post
                Why do people think Tiger Woods is black? He's 1/2 Asian, 1/4 white, 1/8 Native American and only 1/8 black.

His mother is 1/2 Asian (Indonesian) and 1/2 white (Dutch). His father is 1/2 Asian (Chinese), 1/4 Native American and 1/4 black.

He looks Indonesian, not black.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom Fighter View Post
                  Why do people think Tiger Woods is black? He's 1/2 Asian, 1/4 white, 1/8 Native American and only 1/8 black.

His mother is 1/2 Asian (Indonesian) and 1/2 white (Dutch). His father is 1/2 Asian (Chinese), 1/4 Native American and 1/4 black.

He looks Indonesian, not black.
                  Well the whites who send him racist hate mail seem to think that he's black

i guess thats the only thing that matters in the long run, ehy?

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                    So the best explanation for there being no current great black HWs is because some random black kid from probably an impoverished area would have been great for sure if he picked up some gloves but because he saw a basketball player in a sneaker commercial one time he never did so that great black HW doesn't exist now? wow..............
                    "random" black kid? don't you mean MILLIONS of random black kids? if you no longer have the inspiration you no longer have anything to build on. larry holmes was inspired by ali from when he was a YOUNG boy. now if larry was NEVER inspired by ali (or ali didn't exist) he probably wouldn't have been the holmes we know today. he likely would have NEVER got into boxing. he would have never became heavyweight boxing champion of the world. what can't you morons understand. IT STARTS FROM A YOUNG AGE. you have to be inspired & jordan inspired almost every young black boy that was even remotely into sports.

i don't know how i could make it CLEARER then that.

Last edited by americanbot; 10-24-2010, 09:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by malikomoman View Post
                      Well the whites who send him racist hate mail seem to think that he's black

i guess thats the only thing that matters in the long run, ehy?
                      Perhaps some people in the media portray him as black. He doesn't receive a lot of racist hate mail does he?

The "one-drop rule" makes no sense at all.

Most of the great American boxers were actually mixed. Tyson's father was 1/2 white, and his mother was part white too. Ali has some white ancestry on both sides. George Foreman and Joe Louis were also of mixed race.

Interesting how African boxers rarely seem slick and athletic like the African-American boxers, they are usually stiff and robotic like Joshua Clottey.

Comment

Working...
                      X