No announcement yet.

Ali was a Dick

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ali was a Dick

I'm watchin gthe Thrilla in Manilla documentary. What he did to Frazier, turning almost every black american against him was wrong. To call him an uncle tom when he was his friend and helped him get back on his feet made him a complete *******.

Yup.

I'm a fan of both fighters, but first off let me say I'm a bit more bias towards Joe.

I can understand why Ali did what he did, to get in the head of Frazier and try to psyche him out to gain the mental advantage.

But it's something I could never do. I could never do something like that to a man who was, at one time, my friend. A man who gave me money to help feed my family, and a man who campaigned on my behalf to help me earn a living again.

Don't get me wrong, Muhammad Ali has done some very amazing things in his lifetime. His work as an ambassador for peace is astounding, his work with young Children is amazing, standing up to the United Sates Government for your own personal belief is nothing short of astonishing.

But he's also done some very horrible things in his life as well, things that most people just gloss over, or neglect altogether. Whether it was cheating on his wives, doing what he did to Smokin' Joe, or speaking at a KKK rally.

That said, I love both Ali and Frazier. And I always will. For who they are, who they were, and their accomplishments both inside and outside of the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
      Yup.

I'm a fan of both fighters, but first off let me say I'm a bit more bias towards Joe.

I can understand why Ali did what he did, to get in the head of Frazier and try to psyche him out to gain the mental advantage.

But it's something I could never do. I could never do something like that to a man who was, at one time, my friend. A man who gave me money to help feed my family, and a man who campaigned on my behalf to help me earn a living again.

Don't get me wrong, Muhammad Ali has done some very amazing things in his lifetime. His work as an ambassador for peace is astounding, his work with young Children is amazing, standing up to the United Sates Government for your own personal belief is nothing short of astonishing.

But he's also done some very horrible things in his life as well, things that most people just gloss over, or neglect altogether. Whether it was cheating on his wives, doing what he did to Smokin' Joe, or speaking at a KKK rally.

That said, I love both Ali and Frazier. And I always will. For who they are, who they were, and their accomplishments both inside and outside of the ring.
      Like you, I am a fan of both fighters but I think the things Ali said were meant as not only fight promotion but as a way to tear Joe down in the eyes of the black community. Clearly polarizing the public because of the racial conditions of the time.

You can clearly see in the interviews that Ali wasn't just hamming it up for the promotion..he actually meant what he said and meant to do harm with his words. In that you see his mean streak and hypocrisy.

Comment

I've been saying it for a while that Ali meant what he said to Joe and many people just respond that it was all Promotion. I say anybody that believes that it was all promotion and laughed with Ali, is a racist themselves.

It doesn't have to be a racist against Blacks; it can be the many topics that Ali touched on and threw at Frazier to tear him and his family down.

Ali was insecure while Frazier wasn't.

I wouldn't be surprised if it had to do with Frazier having darker skin than Ali who had tainted blood lines. So, he needed to tear down Frazier to feel not only accepted by the "Black community," but to be held higher than Frazier.

I'm not positive, but it didn't seem Frazier had a problem with "White" or "Black" people. Good people were Good people.
        Last edited by Benny Leonard; 04-11-2009, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
          I've been saying it for a while that Ali meant what he said to Joe and many people just respond that it was all Promotion. I say anybody that believes that it was all promotion and laughed with Ali, is a racist themselves.

It doesn't have to be a racist against Blacks; it can be the many topics that Ali touched on and threw at Frazier to tear him and his family down.

Ali was insecure while Frazier wasn't.

I wouldn't be surprised if it had to do with Frazier having darker skin than Ali who had tainted blood lines. So, he needed to tear down Frazier to feel not only accepted by the "Black community," but to be held higher than Frazier.

I'm not positive, but it didn't seem Frazier had a problem with "White" or "Black" people. Good people were Good people.
          Sorry to say but there is only a small amount of people on here who know boxing history past the 90's, hell even the 2000's.

Comment

[QUOTE]
            Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post

Not sure I've heard that sory before. Could you give me some details my friend?

Comment

That's one of the most ridiculous" documentary's" ever made.

Seriously Bias.

Ali apologised to Frazier, but Frazier has still remained angry and bitter all these years later.

Need to understand Ali played mind games with nearly all his opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by minion View Post
                That's one of the most ridiculous" documentary's" ever made.

Seriously Bias.

Ali apologised to Frazier, but Frazier has still remained angry and bitter all these years later.

Need to understand Ali played mind games with nearly all his opponents.
                Huge difference between apologizing to someone's face and taking out an ad in the Times or to someone's kid and having them tell them. And the things Ali said weren't 'mind games'....i truly believe he used his words in a way to help further his cause. He (along with the NOI) truly believed Joe was working for the enemy.

And bias? Look at all the documentaries on Ali....they are extremely bias....why aren't you complaining about them?

Comment

Ali is just like everybody, he made mistakes and the way he lashed out at frazier was just wrong, a few years after all that trash talk he regreted it. Frazier was more black than he was, he grew up in the ghetto and everything.

Comment

[QUOTE=JAB5239;5058669]

Not sure I've heard that sory before. Could you give me some details my friend?
                    Not a surprise that you want some details about Ali's dick. You're in the wrong website mate.

Comment

Working...
                    X