No announcement yet.

Ivan Calderon a first Ballot HOF'er?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Wonjongkam has a better resume than Calderon IMO.

But I agree its the same kind of thing.
    I agree with that.

Wonjongkam may get in but I don't think he's the best flyweight of the past 15-20 years.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
      BI you also have to consider how induction works, the way I understand is that 3 fighters are inducted each year, thus if its a weak year of candidates there is a good chance he gets in.
      Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      It's arguable, IMO.

Less have got it and more aren't in. Like we discussed before. The HOF makes strange descions.

I made a thread early about Pone Kingpetch not being in the HOF still having being retired for decades. Some who I think should be a HOF'er over Calderon.

I think for the standard of the HOF, he can get in.

But basically I just disagree with Al Bernsteins statment that he is an unquestionable First Ballot HOF'er.
      right, I understand how the HOF works. Im just saying that the only way Calderon gets in is if he gets a very lucky draw when there are not very many good elligible guys.

and I dont see that happening, since he will probably retire around the time Barrera, Marquez, Morales, Jones Jr etc will.

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
        how in te hell is Calderon a HOFer? He only beat 5 top 10 fighters his entire career. He only fought 3 top ten guys during his minimumweight 'reign', and never fought Eagle Kyowa, Muhammad Rachman, or Yutaka Niida...never fought the best in his division nor unified.

his career defining win is Cazares...which is actually a pretty good win. but someone like Iran Barkley aint gettin in the HOF, and Barkley is far more deserving than Calderon.
        I like Calderon but I honestly don't know how to debate this.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadows View Post
          I think it depends on who else is eligibile to get in.
          I agree, and that makes him questionable.

Comment

Working...
          X