No announcement yet.

No Excuses - Unify Criserweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Excuses - Unify Criserweight

If we trim the fat and the title holders at cruiser all fight each other, there is no reason the division shouldn't be unified by late 2017. The 3 title holders are Bellew, Usyk and Leb. Throw in Glow and Huck, with possibly Shumenov and you can easily have a series of fights over the next 18 months, without promotional issues and network ****.

All that remains are the balls of the fighters on show. Usyk is confident but how will Bellew or Leb feel about facing him?

Time to man up guys.

Honestly. I think Usyk destroys any of them. Imagine if he got out of first gear?

I don't know if any of the rest will balls up and face him. Bellew maybe. As much as people talk **** about him, he has faced some good opposition and always comes to win.

Comment

Originally posted by NateHound View Post
      Honestly. I think Usyk destroys any of them. Imagine if he got out of first gear?

I don't know if any of the rest will balls up and face him. Bellew maybe. As much as people talk **** about him, he has faced some good opposition and always comes to win.
      I think Usyk v Leb is more likely than Usyk v Bellew.

After watching that at ringside, I think Bellew will be contented with his mandos for a while lol

Comment

Bellew will get destroyed after dealing with his cherry pick in BJ Flores... WBC was gonna force the mando but Bellew signed to fight the first guy to call him out to be able to make a title defense before getting destroyed by Briedis/Drozd, so hopefully by summer we will have gotten rid of Bellew and can focus on the actual talents in the division
        Usyk vs Lebedev is the best fight that can be made @ cruiser atm, Lebedev is one of the most proven fighters in boxing and he shouldnt really have those 2 losses on his record
        And Usyk vs Lebedev would be a massive Ukraine vs Russia event

Comment

Bellend is the easy pickings amongst the top guys and he has a belt too.. Usyk vs Lebedev next year or after that will be huge..

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
            If we trim the fat and the title holders at cruiser all fight each other, there is no reason the division shouldn't be unified by late 2017. The 3 title holders are Bellew, Usyk and Leb. Throw in Glow and Huck, with possibly Shumenov and you can easily have a series of fights over the next 18 months, without promotional issues and network ****.

All that remains are the balls of the fighters on show. Usyk is confident but how will Bellew or Leb feel about facing him?

Time to man up guys.
            No Excuses - Unify Cruiserweight ???

Simply not feasible...

To date, it's impossible to make Lebedev (Russian) vs Usyk (Ukrainian)... or Lebedev vs Bellew (U.K.)... They will all want to fight "at home".

Comment

Originally posted by mannysavage View Post
              Bellew will get destroyed after dealing with his cherry pick in BJ Flores... WBC was gonna force the mando but Bellew signed to fight the first guy to call him out to be able to make a title defense before getting destroyed by Briedis/Drozd, so hopefully by summer we will have gotten rid of Bellew and can focus on the actual talents in the division
              Usyk vs Lebedev is the best fight that can be made @ cruiser atm, Lebedev is one of the most proven fighters in boxing and he shouldnt really have those 2 losses on his record
              And Usyk vs Lebedev would be a massive Ukraine vs Russia event
              Oi that's the last greatest American cruiserweight about lol poor guys no wonder they try to trash the best division in boxing.

Comment

the WBC, WBA and IBF have three very legit mandatory challengers waiting their turn right now in briedis, dorticos and gassiev. i wouldn't mind if they got their shots first

usyk could occupy himself with huck and/or wlod to build his profile a bit more
                Last edited by NEETzsche; 09-18-2016, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                  No Excuses - Unify Cruiserweight ???

Simply not feasible...

To date, it's impossible to make Lebedev (Russian) vs Usyk (Ukrainian)... or Lebedev vs Bellew (U.K.)... They will all want to fight "at home".
                  Thats not impossible.

Having promoters and/or networks unwilling to work with each other is approaching impossible, venue can be figured out.

The only excuse these guys at cruiser have is that they are afraid of one another...if the fights don't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                    the WBC, WBA and IBF have three very legit mandatory challengers waiting their turn right now in briedis, dorticos and gassiev. i wouldn't mind if they got their shots first

usyk could occupy himself with huck and/or wlod or build his profile a bit more
                    I would mind.

The best should fight the best and the title holders are the best guys in the division, with Glow and Huck deserving of spots in the tourney.

Usyk v Huck would be good, while Bellew and Leb go at it early next year and then the winners fight each other. Bang, you get an undisputed champ.

Sadly that's unlikely.

Comment

Working...
                    X