Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arum: Pacquiao-Marquez 5 won't be in U.S. (thanks obama)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arum: Pacquiao-Marquez 5 won't be in U.S. (thanks obama)

pacquiao to not fight in us anymore due to tax increases by gov
    i now hate out president more than i ever have b4!
    but seriously i was looking forward to going to the 5th fight even been saving and earning comps to vegas SMH

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/box...wont-be-in-u-s
    He looked tanned and fit and yes, Bob Arum was his typical delightfully feisty self during a workout featuring the fighters taking part in a Saturday card at the Theater at Madison Square Garden.

As Mikey Garcia and Orlando Salido, the headliners, chatted with the press, and middleweights Gennady Golovkin and Gabriel Rosado snuck stares at each other in separate rings at the Kingsway Gym on 28th St., the 81-year-old Arum shared tidbits regarding his company's top client, Manny Pacquiao, and others on the Top Rank roster.

Manny-iacs want to know when Pacman will glove up again, after he got dropped and stopped in Round 6 by Juan Manuel Marquez in their Dec. 8 clash in Vegas. That was the fourth tangle between the two and Arum said he's keen on putting together a fifth. When? April had been mentioned, and Arum said he looked into making it happen in Macau, or Singapore. He dispatched son-in-law Todd deBoeuf to Macau to check on a venue, but, the promoter said, a Korean pop star had the prime venue there booked up that month. Singapore wasn't feasible either.

Pacquiao, a congressman in his native Philippines, will be busy in April with elections, Arum said. He's running unopposed, but one of his brothers, Roel, and his wife, Jinkee, will be vying for posts. "Manny has to be involved in the April elections," Arum said.

So a September tangle with Marquez seems most likely, according to Arum. But not in Vegas, and in fact, nowhere in the U.S. Arum said he likes Macau, or maybe Mexico City, for the fight site. Why not do it again in Vegas? "Because close to 40 percent goes to the government," he explained. He said Pacquiao and Marquez are both mindful of the recent jump in the tax rate for top earners, from 35% to 39.6% and share his distaste for the cut the feds would seek to collect. "Enough is enough," said Arum, who did not back President Obama in his fight against Mitt Romney.

how about in toronto?

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Burton View Post
      how about in toronto?
      i wish i can practically drive there !

Comment

What about all those fights Arum put on in the 90s when the tax rate for top earners was the exact same percent?

Comment

Mitt, is that you?

Comment

Originally posted by Killa Killa View Post
            Mitt, is that you?
            u got me !

Comment

The rich complaining about being not making enough money

The fight will take place in vegas

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                The rich complaining about being not making enough money

The fight will take place in vegas
                it fuking better ! they should be givin some sort of break for all the income they generate from the fight

Comment

Originally posted by revs1227 View Post
                  it fuking better ! they should be givin some sort of break for all the income they generate from the fight
                  Is that a joke? You think they should give the super rich a tax break?

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                    Is that a joke? You think they should give the super rich a tax break?
                    IS THAT A JOKE ? i could care less who pays what as long as the fukin fight takes place where i can attend it
                    boxing comes b4 politics !

and if you hve ever been to a big fight in vegas you would know the entire city revolves around the fight for that given weekend the income generated is ridiculous , this is why floyds jail sentence was put off

Comment

Working...
                    X