Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Else Hoping Blackwell Puts Up a Good Fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Else Hoping Blackwell Puts Up a Good Fight?

I'm a big fan of Billy Joe Saunders. I'm really hoping he goes all the way & wins a world title (a proper one) & has a decent career.

But I'm also hoping he gets a tough test from Nick Blackwell this weekend. Blackwell for me is what boxing is all about.

He lives in the middle of nowhere, has not really had decent training, doesn't have a proper promoter (to my knowledge) & is pushing himself for a title shot against an Olympian with a big name promoter behind him.

Hopefully a decent performance on Saturday will get him noticed & some promotional muscle behind him.

On the same bill I'm also looking forward to the Smith O'Meara bout.

I've never actually watched Blackwell box so can't really comment on this , but I think bill joe Is going to have to wait for the murrays and barkers till he's actually got a chance of Losing . I wouldn't mind seeing him and Eubank though that could be interesting

Comment

Its hard to believe Blackwell has only just turned 22. I don't think you can take much from his loss to Murray as he was very young and Murray is bordering world level.

He seems to of improved from his loss and I think he has gained some confidence and his power is coming on. He only had 1 stoppage prior, hes stopped 4/5 better quality operators since.

I didn't really rate Saunders but he did impress last time out though I did feel the stoppage may of been a tad premature.

Interesting fight, hopefully Blackwell comes to win and answers a few questions.

Comment

It's not in Blackwell's hands...

If Billy hurts him, he's gone ala Fletcher & Hill. I didn't really like the idea of Blackwell being put in with BJS but if it attracts bigger fights, then it can only be beneficial.

Blackwell is from the sticks and his closest boxing gym did unlicensed boxing. Think he won every fight and only 1 person went the distance, so his power has always been there. He's starting to put things together now though and boxes well behind his jab. He's my darkhorse of the division and I think he'll cause some noise in a few years after the likes of BJS have graduated.

He'll come to fight but Saunders' too good, he decides when it ends.

Comment

i hope he does but its highly doubtful bjs is just to skilled

Comment

Don't know too much about Blackwell but I hope he puts on a show because the fans deserve a bit of action....especially with Burns off the bill.

Saunders is really beginning to look like the genuine article and I wonder how many fights he is away from crossing swords with Murray, Macklin and Barker.

Perhaps 5 or 6 good wins and he'll be in the mix?

Comment

Definitely put up a good fight!

Blackwell a tough tough SOB. Billy Joe looked tired late but was using high energy style so can be forgiven.

Still high on Saunders

Comment

Blackwell really impressed me tonight, gave Saunders a great fight. Been big on him for a while, our middleweight division is looking good.

Comment

Anyone who knows anything about Blackwell know he's a tough bloke.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                    Anyone who knows anything about Blackwell know he's a tough bloke.
                    This is actually the first fight ive seen him in. He impressed me lots! With a bit of development he could easily move up the ranks, he looks quick and has some power to go with his toughness as well.

His hooks to the body sounded healthy to say the least!

Comment

Working...
                    X