Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxingscene's own John 'Iceman' Scully STILL HAS IT!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxingscene's own John 'Iceman' Scully STILL HAS IT!

Check this out- I found this new video on youtube today:
    Boxingscene's own, John 'Iceman' Scully (Chad Dawson trainer and former pro) takes on a young gun in this (friendly) sparring session. Scully does sparring with a welterweight (Apollo James Jackson) half his age, and looks good doing it:

btw Apollo James Jackson is the same guy who sparred with Elie Seckbach and Kelly Pavlik recently. The british boxer seems to be on a sparring tour in the USA, here is his channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ApolloJamesJackson
    Last edited by Salardo; 03-08-2012, 03:27 AM.

Apollo has been sparring everyone lately

Comment

Originally posted by THE S0UL TAKER View Post
      Check this out- I found this new video on youtube today:
      Boxingscene's own, John 'Iceman' Scully (Chad Dawson trainer and former pro) takes on a young gun in this (friendly) sparring session. Scully does sparring with a welterweight (Apollo James Jackson) half his age, and looks good doing it:

btw Apollo James Jackson is the same guy who sparred with Elie Seckbach and Kelly Pavlik recently. The british boxer seems to be on a sparring tour in the USA, here is his channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ApolloJamesJackson
      why does the camera man look like hes inside a submarine

Comment

Originally posted by DontGlassMeBro View Post
        why does the camera man look like hes inside a submarine
        I dont know but there is a so called "fisheye" effect in many cameras which you can choose. or this is a mobile phone. I dont know.

Comment

by the way isn't apollo james jackson jsut a hobbyist/journalist he's not even amateur let alone Pro so I wouldn't go so far as to say scully "still has it" when he's being outboxed by a 19 year old HOBBYIST wannabe boxing journalist who just spars for fun

Comment

Originally posted by DontGlassMeBro View Post
            by the way isn't apollo james jackson jsut a hobbyist/journalist he's not even amateur let alone Pro so I wouldn't go so far as to say scully "still has it" when he's being outboxed by a 19 year old HOBBYIST wannabe boxing journalist who just spars for fun
            I heard him say in a vid that he already had 3 amateur fights.

Comment

Could to see him go easy and not take any liberties like Pavlik and Rios did.

Comment

Scully still has what?...the dude was never good

Comment

Originally posted by StayCool View Post
                  Scully still has what?...the dude was never good
                  Actually Scully was a damn good amateur fighter and won quite some titles in the amateurs, and his pro career was good too.

Comment

1. Scully fought Michael Nunn, lost on points yet most people who watch it give it to Scully.

2. I've personally seen him beat up on and play with young up and coming pro fighters often outweighing him by 10-30 pounds.....

3. I also saw him spar 20 rounds non STOP against a young, strong 165lbr....

Comment

Working...
                    X