No announcement yet.

The Ring questions Clottey's mental makeup, Roach says Pac will make him quit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeanoFlash View Post
    what about Freddie Roach saying "140 is his best weight" and the 2 best 140lbers fiending to fight him??
    He's saying that 140 is his best weight because that's the most natural for him, but pac isn't at 140 anymore he's at 147.

For example if he were to fight Marquez it would have been at 147 for Pac's belt (another factor that played a role was ANY Golden Boy fighter could not fight pac).

I can garauntee Arum will be seeing 3x Clottey's purse for this one. 30% from Clottey + 30% from Pacquiao
    It doesn't work that way, a promoter can't get more than a total of 25/30% TOTAL from a fight, if they are both his fighters you cant take 25% twice from the fighters.

Comment

I think he's lacking a bit, in the determination department. He should've finished strong, in the Cotto fight. It was there to be taken.

Comment

Completely agree with The Ring.

Clottey won that fight, the judges gave it to Cotto because Clottey was acting like a baby, and was walking around the ring making faces at Cotto when he should have been throwing punches and staying busy.

Doesn't have the heart of a champ, and unless he learned his lesson in the Cotto fight, he's always going to come up short.

Comment

i wonder what clotteys excuse will be when he gets beat this time around,yet again im sure he will have one

Comment

I don't understand why everyone says Clottey didn't do enough in the Cotto fight when the man won 5 out of the first 7 rounds and the 11th and 12th. Like Manny was saying during the fight, how they could score the fight with Cotto in it at the 9th was ridiculous. Clottey was absolutely robbed in that fight, he didn't need to go for a KO in the late rounds because if the judges were actually fair he should have been safely ahead on the cards.

Comment

Originally posted by David_TheMan View Post
              I don't understand why everyone says Clottey didn't do enough in the Cotto fight when the man won 5 out of the first 7 rounds and the 11th and 12th. Like Manny was saying during the fight, how they could score the fight with Cotto in it at the 9th was ridiculous. Clottey was absolutely robbed in that fight, he didn't need to go for a KO in the late rounds because if the judges were actually fair he should have been safely ahead on the cards.
              I remember thinking Clottey had to win just one of final two rounds and he didn't.

I haven't watched the fight in a long time, so I could be wrong. I remember clottey winning the majority of the middle rounds, he was dominating and it looked like cotto was almost finished. Then cotto won a couple rounds and the score was very close, and clottey just didn't do anything at the end of the fight. Remember cotto also scored that KD in the first round, so that made it 10-8 right off the bat.

I remember thinking it could have gone either way, and after the scores were read, I blamed Clottey more for losing the fight than I did praise cotto for winning.

Comment

When Manny starts landing some hard shots on him, it's as good as over.

Comment

Clottey is a warrior. He chased Cotto around and never backed up, even with a hurt knee. "The Event" is going to be WAR!

Comment

I agree with The Ring, that is my main arguement for Clottey not being able to win. All three of his loses can be brought into question when talking about his mentality because he could have won them all but did not make the correct choices to lead to victory.

It is possible that Clottey is more determined this time around given the big stage and what happeaned in the Cotto fight but I find it much more likely that Manny exposes this flaw with Clottey.

Comment

I have Ghanaians up in the studio all the time.....my best homie is Ghanaian.....they are the type that love to answer questions with questions .....example, ask a Ghanaian do they answer questions with questions and you'll get a answer like, who told you that?....I'm gonna get deeper, bear with me for a minute.....their economic situation is far from lovely.....they've been feeling like VICTIMS forever and will ALWAYS blame their politicians for this that and the third......not sayin' their wrong, but it comes a time when you realize "Do For Self" is that ****!!....its nothing more gratifying than doing for self......so this mentality of blaming others is their thing.....so when Clottey behaved the way he did in the Cotto fight, I knew from experience with dealing with Ghanaians that he was lookin' for help from the ref......point deduction wise!!.....he even blamed the ref in the post fight for not doing anything......I got mad respect and luv for my dude Josh but it is what it is!!!.....but one thing you must know is that Ghanaians are fast learners and I'm sure Clottey has learned a thing or 2 about how to behave like a champion......no disrespect to none of the ghanains here, I just call it like I see it!!

Comment

Working...
                      X