Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wouldnt grabbing a belt at 140 helped JMM's legacy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wouldnt grabbing a belt at 140 helped JMM's legacy?

Im thinking it wouldve. Those Pac losses still haunt him. I'm very shocked he didnt take the Khan fight. He had a chance to grab a belt at 140 while fighting a fighter with a glass jaw.

It would but he doersn't need a 4th belt for people to remember how good he was. But Marquez is past it and GBP are using him as a stepping stone for their other fighters.

Comment

Depends against who.The fighter makes the belt not the other way around.

If he woulda beaten a Kotelnik type guy(hypotethically0 I don't think it would have helped.Maybe not even Khan.

Now a Bradley would have.Khan and Alexander haven't done much but promisde to be good in the future so in time a W ove either would have maybe meant a lot.
      How do you know he refused a fight btw?

Comment

Originally posted by El Castigador View Post
        Im thinking it wouldve. Those Pac losses still haunt him. I'm very shocked he didnt take the Khan fight. He had a chance to grab a belt at 140 while fighting a fighter with a glass jaw.
        yes, a belt at 140 would be huge for JMM because he'd be the only mexican to win titles in 4 weight divisions.

imho jmm didn't take the khan fight because his feelings was hurt that GBP came off looking like they wanted to use jmm as a stepping stone.

Comment

JMM needs to call Schaefer immediately and tell him to make the ****ing fight.

Comment

He would but GBP should not have tried to bring him in as a opponent. They didnt have his best interest in mind. The way the fight was talked about by Shaf would lead one to think they were setting up a Kahn coming out party.

Comment

To begin with who the **** does schaefer think he is, since the marquez vs mayweather fight, he was dick riding then he's dick riding now. Golden boy doesn't need this ****ing banker they need people who know and give a **** about the sport of boxing, now we are turning to don king methods. No wonder barrera left golden boys ***** ass.

Comment

marquez vs hatton is the one fight i think, that'll have like a good chance with even odds for both fighters, because they both kinda seem on the downturn and then you'd see who is going to go up. that's gonna be good for the legacy of each fighter.

Comment

Working...
                X