Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bob Arum: "If Cotto can beat Pacquiao, I would like to see him fight Mayweather".

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bhopreign View Post
    If they had never fought in 2007 and everything was the same I think it would do about the same numbers. It surely would do alot more than what Pac did with Oscar. Floyd just did one million with Marquez, nobody envisioned that in their wildest dreams.
    I agree that Marquez VS May doing 1 mil is amazing.
    Alot of it was Floyd's ability to sell a fight which he does better than anyone right now.

Also GBP and Floyd kept emphasizing that JMM beat Pac and lots of people wanted a Pac VS May fight to see who the real P4P is.

I doubt Oscar VS May would reach 2.4 mil now but then you could be right.

Comment

cotto will beat manny pacman

Comment

It's interesting to hear Bob's contradictions:

a) Pacquiao has trouble with marquez because marquez is a skilled counterpuncher.

b) Pacquiao can beat Mayweather

Wait - you just said that Pac has trouble with counterpunchers. Isn't Floyd a bigger, faster, stronger , better version of Marquez? You just said he was.

Comment

Comment

Bob is a duplicitous punk. But hearing everything, he expects Cotto to win. Remember, during the New York press conference he said there would be a big match in NY next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Jone2ts View Post
              I''l get back to you with the FULL Interview where he clearly says he does not want to fight Miguel Cotto. With that video you Don't fool anyone in here we are all boxing fans and we all saw the full interview you FOOL.

Comment

Originally posted by PensionKiller View Post
                Floyd draws more but if Cotto VS Manny does 1 mil, then 50/50 would be reasonable for Manny since he's been hitting 800k+ in his last 2 fights.

Mosely aint got nothing to shout about apart from he is a very dangerous fighter and a welterweight champ. Oscar don't really care for him either so 30% maybe 40%

Cotto would take 40% because he seems a guy that is just willing to fight.
                There's no way Cotto accepts 40% for a fight with Mayweather after beating the recognized #1 P4P boxing superstar in the world, something Floyd has never done. It should be 50/50-55/45.

Comment

Originally posted by Puya View Post
                  I''l get back to you with the FULL Interview where he clearly says he does not want to fight Miguel Cotto. With that video you Don't fool anyone in here we are all boxing fans and we all saw the full interview you FOOL.
                  Mutha****a I didnt make that **** and the point was that Cotto won't do **** beyond what the **** he is told by his owner, he a slave and nothing more. 70/30 to the king keep it movin and eat a dick if your favorite fighter quits and can't even say anything unless he's told lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by Jone2ts View Post
                    Mutha****a I didnt make that **** and the point was that Cotto won't do **** beyond what the **** he is told by his owner, he a slave and nothing more. 70/30 to the king keep it movin and eat a dick if your favorite fighter quits and can't even say anything unless he's told lmao.
                    Who cares if you made the video. You make yourself look like a fool by using a video thats edited just to prove something thats not true.

Floyd, in that segment goes..."I'd love to fight Miguel Cotto....but not now"

They conveniently leave that part out.

I don't think Floyd is ducking Cotto or any of that ****, but when you come at ppl with something, use something accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by Dondi33O View Post
                      Well, At 140, was about 9 fights back for Cotto and 4 fights back for Floyd.
                      I wouldn't have put a 26-0 Cotto in with a 36-0 Floyd either.....no shame in that. But that was then and this is now.
                      I don't know if Cotto can beat Floyd or even if Floyd can beat Cotto but they both definitely have what it takes to beat each other at 147.
                      better chance of hell freezing over before cotto ever beats floyd

Comment

Working...
                      X