Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fight Night Round 4 Analog punching only - No Bottons !!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fight Night Round 4 Analog punching only - No Bottons !!

http://www.pastapadre.com/7180/fnr4-...utton-punching

FNR3 brought about a debate between analog and button punchers and the possible in-balance presented by allowing both to be used. A recent preview from Gamespy discusses how Fight Night Round 4 is completely removing the option to use the buttons to punch.

Button mashing has been banished. Round 4 is going to force you to use the right stick to punch. After years of enduring randomly button-mashing boxers, I’m relieved to hear that they’ll have to work a little harder to land some blows. Perhaps to compensate, you can now chain together multiple attacks with the right stick. For example, a one-two combo can be inputted before the animation of the first punch is complete. It sounds cool, but I’m a little skeptical until I’ve played it. EA promises that you’ll be able to cancel commands with a button tap, lest you waste stamina. I need to try it and see how the dynamics balance out.

So the question becomes what are the buttons utilized for now? If they are being used for other functions it is somewhat understandable why the decision was made. If button punching was removed in order to force everyone to the analog then I don’t agree with that. It could have been locked for online play so that both fighters use the analog. But for offline different control options should be available unless there is good reason. Hopefully EA will come out and clarify the thinking behind this decision for FNR4. Vote in the poll below and leave your thoughts in the comments

Anybody can tell me if one punch KO's have been removed?

Do you guys argee with this move, or not?

I have mixed feelings on this, I use both Buttons and Analog, I belive the games processing features made buttons much easier to use, seeing as I never used (whatever you call it) one punch KOs. I dont remenber Fight Night Round 2, but Round 2004, I used Analog happliy, and Fight Night Round 3, I went straight for the Buttons. It could be the remote for PS3, is screwed up....
    YAYYY
    61.90%
    NOOOOO
    38.10%
    I only care about video and not gameplay information
    0.00%
    Last edited by IwatchBoxing; 03-17-2009, 04:21 PM.

you cant button mash anyways because of stamina... I think the option for buttons or analog should both be available.. some people cant get used to analog and can really hurt sales.

Comment

I've never tried using the buttons so it's good news I guess, as it makes it harder for the people I'll be playing online

Comment

don't mine at all. When I first got Fight Night 2004 that's all I used.
        I heard they made it easier this time around so I'm not worried.

Comment

Ive only ever used buttons. Its easier.
          Why would i want to use the analogue if its harder? Makes no sense.

Why not learn to play it with ur feet if u want a challenge!

I cant imagine enjoying the game if they dont allow buttons.

Comment

I just used the analog so IMO it's awesome

Comment

They should really allow both. buttons or analog dont make a real diff in advantage when playing. its all about preference.. and I prefer buttons. you cant button mash anyways because you need to focus on your stamina or else your punchers are slower and weaker anyways.. I dont see point to take away buttons as a control config option. unless they want to lose ALOT of buyers.

Comment

Originally posted by robjr View Post
                They should really allow both. buttons or analog dont make a real diff in advantage when playing. its all about preference.. and I prefer buttons. you cant button mash anyways because you need to focus on your stamina or else your punchers are slower and weaker anyways.. I dont see point to take away buttons as a control config option. unless they want to lose ALOT of buyers.
                They won't lose alot of buyers....

Everyone I know uses the analogs, the analogs feel more authentic and IMO are easier to use in terms of control.

Comment

analog all the way......

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
                    analog all the way......
                    Couldn't stand it, but it's most because I play VS so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X