No announcement yet.

Pacquiao's role in the WW division...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacquiao's role in the WW division...

Even if Pac beats Cotto, I still feel that Pac's permanence at WW isn't exactly certain.

If he gets knocked out badly and looks like he didn't belong at WW to begin with, and is visibly outmuscled and outsized the whole fight, then Pac should probably go back down to light WW or lightweight.
    Even as a pac fan, I personally think he doesn't belong at 147 as of right now.

Thing is, even if he wins I'm still not so sure he really "belongs" at WW. It's not so much that I want to see one of my favorite fighters protected from the true heavy hitters at WW. If Pac wins against Cotto, and goes on to sign a big fight against another legit WW I'd be all for it. But at the same time it just doesn't sit right.

I get the same vibe from Pac as I do from a Roberto Duran that moved up a little too much in weight and got shattered back down to reality by Hearns. Meaning that at 147, I just get the gut feeling he's one bad match up away from being brought back down to earth. There's only so much muscle you can pack onto a 5'6" frame with a midgets reach. I can't even imagine him sizing up against a tall WW with a much larger build like a Margarito. What do you think?

Originally posted by Unbiased View Post
    Even if Pac beats Cotto, I still feel that Pac's permanence at WW isn't exactly certain.

If he gets knocked out badly and looks like he didn't belong at WW to begin with, and is visibly outmuscled and outsized the whole fight, then Pac should probably go back down to light WW or lightweight.

Thing is, even if he wins I'm still not so sure he really "belongs" at WW. It's not so much that I want to see one of my favorite fighters protected from the true heavy hitters at WW. If Pac wins against Cotto, and goes on to sign a big fight against another legit WW I'd be all for it. But at the same time it just doesn't sit right.

I get the same vibe from Pac as I do from a Roberto Duran that moved up a little too much in weight and got shattered back down to reality by Hearns. Meaning that at 147, I just get the gut feeling he's one bad match up away from being brought back down to earth. There's only so much muscle you can pack onto a 5'6" frame with a midgets reach. I can't even imagine him sizing up against a tall WW with a much larger build like a Margarito. What do you think?
    but Pacquiao has already prove he can fight at 147

Comment

Good point, still I think there are some easy wins for him in the ww division like Berto but I dont think hed want to stoop so low as to fight him but it would be good to grab another belt.

Comment

DLH is not a Midget Welterweight. Did you see how Pac dominates him???

Comment

Yes, Pacquiao is outsize and out muscled in this fight but he is relying on his foot work and his hand speed to make this bout competitive.

Comment

Yup. You got a point. IMO though, Pac's legacy is already set and whatever he achieved henceforth is just the cherry on top. Also, he is only going for the money fights and money fights are in WW. I don't blame him for it. He earned it the hard way. Let's just enjoy his fights while we can. Go pac.

Comment

Originally posted by tesla_power View Post
              Yup. You got a point. IMO though, Pac's legacy is already set and whatever he achieved henceforth is just the cherry on top. Also, he is only going for the money fights and money fights are in WW. I don't blame him for it. He earned it the hard way. Let's just enjoy his fights while we can. Go pac.
              This is exactly the position i hold for Mayweather at WW..TOP 10 p4p for 10 years straight for 3 of them he was#1..
              PBF just adding cherries imo he earned his bragging rights already
              Last edited by Horus; 08-10-2009, 04:33 AM.

Comment

Pacquiao will never be a natural WW fighter, he's just that good that he can move up and cause problems for bigger guys. DLH was way past his sell by date, so we can't judge by that performance. Cotto is the real deal, it will be a much harder test for Manny.

Comment

whats pacs role in the WW division? thats easy *****!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X