Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gervonta Davis Driven to Inspire Youth to Overcome Baltimore's Brutal Streets

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gervonta Davis Driven to Inspire Youth to Overcome Baltimore's Brutal Streets

By Keith Idec - Whatever occurs January 14 against Jose Pedraza, Gervonta Davis already has won. In boxing, the gifted featherweight prospect is known as a brash, unbeaten jewel of Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s promotional stable. But in Baltimore, Davis is known as a self-sufficient symbol of hope for the youth of a violence-ravaged city...
    [Click Here To Read More]

!war davis!

Comment

Sorry, but I'm not buying the "talk to the youth and tell them stay out of the streets" talk, when he's still in the streets. Still wearing gaudy jewelry. Still hanging with rappers and knuckleheads. Refuses to leave his hometown and really change his environment.

As a fighter, he's a great example of what youth can become (in the ring). Personally, he should probably take his own advice. It's always better to take the Charles Barkley route....he let it be known that he's not a role model. The minute that Davis gets himself in a tight situation, the media outlets will turn on him.

It's a tale as old as time.

Comment

Sorry but I really hate this kid and I can't wait til he's matched with someone noteworthy so he can lose lol.

Comment

Lots of people have assumed that this guy will be the next Broner or Berto, but im not so sure.

I like his style, and i think he has better feet and reactions than those guys. Dont really like the clowning of overmatched opponents, but then its tough for any fighters to get attention these days, so i understand why they do it.

Very tough fight with Pedraza though, and i would not be surprised to see him lose. But at 22 it wouldnt be the end of the world if he did.

Comment

# war davis!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post
              Sorry, but I'm not buying the "talk to the youth and tell them stay out of the streets" talk, when he's still in the streets. Still wearing gaudy jewelry. Still hanging with rappers and knuckleheads. Refuses to leave his hometown and really change his environment.

As a fighter, he's a great example of what youth can become (in the ring). Personally, he should probably take his own advice. It's always better to take the Charles Barkley route....he let it be known that he's not a role model. The minute that Davis gets himself in a tight situation, the media outlets will turn on him.

It's a tale as old as time.
              Geez - Sounds like you already have, and the kid is just getting started. Can you cut him just a little bit of slack?

Comment

They need to drug test this thug

Comment

Originally posted by millcitymauler View Post
                  Geez - Sounds like you already have, and the kid is just getting started. Can you cut him just a little bit of slack?
                  Well, he's kinda right, the guy refused to leave his town to train with Mayweather full time, if he says he left the streets, why stay on the streets?.

Comment

Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post
                    That's what I was thinking. Hard to take him seriously, when he's still hanging with hood dudes.

Saying the right things is step 1.

Doing the right things will hopefully be step 2.

Comment

Working...
                    X