No announcement yet.

Let's Talk Strategy Part 2: Crawford vs Postol

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very interesting how things played out.

Crawford's footwork completely nullified Postol's jab and workrate.

Big props to Crawford, I'm very surprised.

Comment

I did not think Crawford could hurt Postol so easily. Once he started hurting Postol, the fight was over. Postol didn't want to engage, the few times he did he was too hesitant and easily countered, he had no idea how to handle the movement, and Crawford completely dominated. That was incredibly impressive.

People are going to blame Crawford for being boring, but he was willing to engage as much as Postol wanted. It was Postol who didn't want to take any risks because he got punished whenever he did.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        I did not think Crawford could hurt Postol so easily. Once he started hurting Postol, the fight was over. Postol didn't want to engage, the few times he did he was too hesitant and easily countered, he had no idea how to handle the movement, and Crawford completely dominated. That was incredibly impressive.

People are going to blame Crawford for being boring, but he was willing to engage as much as Postol wanted. It was Postol who didn't want to take any risks because he got punished whenever he did.
        That's surprised me. Especially with his amateur pedigree. You would think he's dealt with movement numerous times.

Comment

Working...
        X