Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can't get excited for May/Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With Pac out of the picture and Martinez just fighting a month ago who would you rather see Floyd in the ring with? This is the best available opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
      yea, the 'maybe he gets old overnight' angle is what's gonna make me order it...dont know much else about the card besides the shane-canelo fight
      The only possible way this get's close if the version of Cotto who fought Mosley showed up but the the transmission in the Back To the Future car is still at my uncles pad so no dice.

Mosley/Canelo should be fun I'm rooting for Shane but my instincts tells me the young lion roars in this one.

Comment

maybe we see things differently but I get excited about boxing period. I can care less if one is the favorite, far more skilled or if nearly everybody thinks it will be a 1-sided fight.
        I enjoy a close fights just as much as I enjoy watching a fighter completely dominating the other. I enjoy watching a deffensive fighter just as much as an offensive fighter. I dont let threads, 24/7, social media hype me up nor kill my mood towards a fight. Been watching boxing for over 20 years and just when ppl think a fight isnt going to turn out good, turns out to be exciting and those that ppl tend to think will be exciting, turn out to be dissapointing.

So to be honest, I'm deffinately looking forward to Cotto vs Mayweather, Pacquiao vs Bradley, Ortiz vs Berto II, Bute vs Froch, Dawson vs Hopkins II, Khan vs Peterson II, and I can keep going.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
          As of now, I'm not too amped over it.

Probably will change when I order the PPV. Hope it's not a total blowout.
          Cotto(e) is in there with Floyd Mayweather, it's gonna be a wipe out

Comment

Originally posted by Imatroll View Post
            I can't get excited for this fight and it is only 2 weeks away. I tried watching the 24/7's before bed and kept falling asleep. Do I really need to see Cotto get beaten to a pulp again?.. it's so overdone already. We will see cotto in full tacticle retreat from rounds 4-12 trying not to get KO'd.

The general public already knows Cotto has absolutely no chance of winning. I'm just glad Cotto is getting a good payday, one of his kids looks like he's high maintance.

Not only that but we also got a Mosley snoozer on the undercard? Who else feels this way?
            strong correlation between username and thread.... make up your mind, is it the card or 24/7 that you're betching about?...

i cant wait for this fight so cant alot of my friends and families in other cities.... you're just another floyd hater pulling **** out his ass

Comment

As Floyd said, Cotto is gonna get chopped up lol. No disrespect to Cotto, I like Cotto and he is a warrior, but I just do not see anything that I feel is going to defeat Floyd. Floyd has fought bigger, faster guys and harder hitting guys, so I am not quite sure exactly what Cotto is going to bring into the ring to get this victory. Unless Floyd got old overnight or some miraculous punch happens, I do not see this going any other way than Floyd winning by late TKO or UD. I also think people are going to be surprised by the size comparison, Floyd is bigger than Cotto even though it is hard to believe. He is taller and with the added weight, he looks pretty big. Cotto will come out strong and I think he will make a good fight for 3-4 rounds, but after that, Floyd will start adjusting, picking him apart and backing him up. We all know once Cotto starts backing up and getting on his bicycle, he is done.

Comment

nobody is overly excited about this fight
                it's 4 yrs too late to mean anything
                but it's better than Floyd going on another vacation
                wish Cotto would get in the mix with the other JMW's instead
                he has 0 chance of winning this fight with Floyd
                he got a modicum of revenge against Tony in the rematch
                he's satisfied after that to get paid and retire

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                  dude i had that day all planned out too...BBQ and everything...free HBO...then the no-show and the full collapse of the fight

this fight, i'll order but i already know its gonna be one of those fights where looking at the cable bill a month later will give me a facepalm moment
                  nothing will ever be as bad as hopkins-dawson 1 or mayweather-ortiz that was over 100 dollas wasted lol

Comment

I got excited with the first episode of 24/7 like I usually do, then the excitment dies down and I realize it's Miguel Cotto. I'll be sneaking in the theater for this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Very Rich Man View Post
                      I got excited with the first episode of 24/7 like I usually do, then the excitment dies down and I realize it's Miguel Cotto. I'll be sneaking in the theater for this one.
                      Got any good sneaking-in strats?

Comment

Working...
                      X