Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Mercy -- a movie that many here should watch!...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No stories about Native Americans interesting enough to be made ?

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
      No stories about Native Americans interesting enough to be made ?
      ... There were made...

... But the OP is about a "court case" movie... But I guess that one of the best movies about "Aboriginal" peoples was made by Werner Herzog back in 1984 -- "Where the Green Ants Dream"... (on Australian Aborigines)...

Last edited by MDPopescu; 02-12-2020, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Prior to DNA, a lot of cases were suspect. Many people were proven wrongfully convicted. Many people were put to death wrongfully.

One study estimated that up to 10,000 people may be wrongfully convicted of serious crimes each year. A 2014 study estimated that 4.1% of inmates awaiting execution on death row in the United States are innocent, and that at least 340 innocent people may have been executed since 1973.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...-prison-racism
        Have to be careful quoting Vox...

And anybody innocent on death row is either a nasty criminal or has some of the worst luck in the history of mankind.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
          ... There were made...

... But the OP is about a "court case" movie... But I guess that one of the best movies about "Aboriginal" peoples was made by Werner Herzog back in 1984 -- "Where the Green Ants Dream"... (on Australian Aborigines)...

Almost being entirely wiped out as a civilization should make for good storytelling. People go into shock if a certain species of anteater is on the brink of extinction

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
          Have to be careful quoting Vox...

And anybody innocent on death row is either a nasty criminal or has some of the worst luck in the history of mankind.
          Since they all say they're ''innocent'', safe to say you're ''right''. But for the 1% that are truly innocent, that's rough.

Comment

Since they all say they're ''innocent'', safe to say you're ''right''. But for the 1% that are truly innocent, that's rough.
            Oh, it's extremely tough.

But anybody who is put on death row goes through a trial. A trial which much evidence is submitted and a jury of his or her peers decides whether to convict him or not.

I've seen some stories where wrongfully accused will be their own detectives in prison and eventually get out.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
              Oh, it's extremely tough.

But anybody who is put on death row goes through a trial. A trial which much evidence is submitted and a jury of his or her peers decides whether to convict him or not.

I've seen some stories where wrongfully accused will be their own detectives in prison and eventually get out.
              The truly innocent won't put up with being locked up. The other 99% hope for a miracle (technicality).

Comment

The truly innocent won't put up with being locked up. The other 99% hope for a miracle (technicality).
                Everyone's innocent.

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
                  I don't think it matters all that much how exactly they look as nobody knows what the real ppl looked like anyways.
                  I'm sure the storyline is a great storyline. I just wish it had different actors(someone like Denzel, Cuba Gooding, Wesley Snipes,Cris tucker,or even common or Don Cheadle but Jordans son/Foxx just kills it for me)
                  It would of been better casting another black actor, who is probably classical trained. Michael B Jordan in reality? Is just a poster boy that Hollywood seems to use at this time etc

I have seen some of his acting, and he can seem hallow/empty. Jamie Fox is a better actor than Jordan, but I find him abit annoying at times.

Comment

no I wont be watching this anti White hate film. Who still watches hollywood movies knowing all the movies are made by satanic pedofiles hellbent on commiting white genocide.

Comment

the so called native americans were not here before the white race. go learn some real history and not only anti white lies.

Comment

Working...
                      X