No announcement yet.

Andrade/Sulecki Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andrade/Sulecki Thread

I am eager to see what Andrade really has especially at 160...this is a good step up for him and probably his toughest fight yet on paper...two previous times Andrade 'stepped up' he underwhelmed against Vanes and Culcay - can he perform on Saturday, start to live up to the hype, and make himself a big player at MW?

I am really interested in that storyline and to see how he looks against a game opponent who we know has a good level.

Side note it sucks that the fight is in RI which is Andrade's backyard...because it is hard to see a KO coming here and it could definitely be a close fight, yet hard to imagine Sulecki getting a decision there in Andrade's hometown...kind of sucks when the outcome is pre-determined before the fight...

But again I am interested to see if Andrade can impress against Sulecki...I have it as a dead even fight, 7-5 either way or 6-6.

Anyone excited for this fight?

Any predictions? Thoughts?

Im curious just because andrade has been making fun of Sulecki. So he has do the talking, lets see if he can do the walking.
    To me, its not a easy fight. I even see him getting clipped.

Andrade 7-5 to me. Thin razor

Comment

Yea I don't like the venue myself cuz I think Maciej CAN give Andrade some competition, but he's gonna have to win 9 rounds to win a 7-5 decision probably is the thing on Andrade's turf.

It is what it is doe & if Maciej doesn't fight in a way like he knows the situation he's in with potential scoring card concerns then thats on him.

Comment

I think Andrade figures him out after a competitive first half then goes on to dominate 6-12. I like Andrade's IQ and other than the KD he beat Vanes clearly, that split decision was bogus.

Comment

Originally posted by xhiddenx87 View Post
          Im curious just because andrade has been making fun of Sulecki. So he has do the talking, lets see if he can do the walking.
          To me, its not a easy fight. I even see him getting clipped.

Andrade 7-5 to me. Thin razor
          Thanks man...we more or less share the same sentiments...looking forward to it

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Yea I don't like the venue myself cuz I think Maciej CAN give Andrade some competition, but he's gonna have to win 9 rounds to win a 7-5 decision probably is the thing on Andrade's turf.

It is what it is doe & if Maciej doesn't fight in a way like he knows the situation he's in with potential scoring card concerns then thats on him.
          True, good post as usual my friend...I confess I haven't seen a ton of Andrade...but he looks like he is hard to win clear rounds against from what I have seen...so I just can't see a way where Sulecki wins 7 clear rounds on a judge's card...just think at worst they will have about 6 close rounds which could all go to the home fighter.

But yep it is what it is...Sulecki knows what he has to do...or he should...just glad to finally get a fight here that will show me Andrade's level...if he can look good against Sulecki maybe he can trouble GGG or Canelo like many seem to feel

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
          I think Andrade figures him out after a competitive first half then goes on to dominate 6-12. I like Andrade's IQ and other than the KD he beat Vanes clearly, that split decision was bogus.
          Cool good prediction my friend...I always like lefty's that can box...so I like Andrade's skills...his energy seems weird to me though...I do know that part of my feeling underwhelmed against Vanes was the KD...against Culcay he looked so much damn bigger and I just was not impressed with him at all there...but Culcay has proven to be a decent fighter.

I'll have to rewatch the Vanes fight to see how I scored it...I don't think I've ever watched it 1-12 and scored it tbh..but yeah the KD was part of my feeling underwhelmed there, I also remember watching quite a few rounds and thinking that Andrade wasn't really dominating the rounds as much as I was expecting...no real opinion on whether he should have won or lost there though...just was expecting more from him relative to what was discussed.

But again that's why I am eager for this one!! Will be a good test for him to see if he can compete at that top MW level...if he clearly UDs Sulecki that is a great sign
          Last edited by Boxing_1013; 06-21-2019, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Jermall Charlo, who is supposedly one of the top fighters in the division, is the only one left who hasn't fought any of the big guns, Sulecki, Jacobs, Brant, even Ryota will do, Derevyanchenko, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by maguirre View Post
              Jermall Charlo, who is supposedly one of the top fighters in the division, is the only one left who hasn't fought any of the big guns, Sulecki, Jacobs, Brant, even Ryota will do, Derevyanchenko, etc.
              I think Korobov is a good fighter...similar level to Sulecki...but I agree that it would be nice to see Jermall in against one of the guys you mentioned...athletically he is probably the best at 160 imo...but skills wise he is levels below the other top guys at 160 I feel

Comment

I'd like to welcome the new Andrade haters. You might recognize them as former Andrade fans when he was calling out the Charlo's. But now that he called out GGG they are now rooting for him to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  I'd like to welcome the new Andrade haters. You might recognize them as former Andrade fans when he was calling out the Charlo's. But now that he called out GGG they are now rooting for him to lose.
                  And why would they do that pray tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                    I don't like him because he brags too much and has yet to beat a legit top 10 middleweight. He was gifted the title by beating some old African nobody ever heard of. Jermall is also a champion who has done very little at 160. I do hope he loses. This is the best middleweight he has fought yet and he is maybe a number 12 contender, If he beats him by a good amount he will finally have something to brag about. He is right handed with a strong right and a weak left. I don't think he is any threat to GGG, Canelo or Jacobs but we shall see.

Comment

Working...
                    X