No announcement yet.

Question for Canelo fans?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
    ...especially when the first thing I open it to around the :20 mark is scoring a power punch for Nelo that lands on GGG's gloves.

Also would had that you don't really score missed punches...you could argue a guy who doesn't even allow his opponent to throw punches has better defense than a guy who avoids more punches...all ya score is what lands.
    freeze frame pics of your theory about missed punches or punches landed on gloves! lol

Comment

If you really think Canelo was the better man over the two fights with GGG

If you really thought he dominated GGG in the second fight and beat him up/broke him

If you really think he would KO and/or destroy GGG in the third fight

GGG is obviously really wanting that fight, so Canelo getting no credit for a dominant win is kind of moot..same in a way as Spence vs Garcia...Mikey was asking for it so no one really blames Spence for putting it on him.

If you're Canelo, why not take the $40 million and KO a guy that you and your fans really dislike?

If you're a fan of his, why wouldn't you want to see him get paid $40 million to KO his biggest rival who is apparently begging for the fight, and in your opinions is an easy KO waiting to happen?

Honestly it seems like you guys know deep down that Canelo was outclassed over the course of both fights...and that even at their ages it is just as likely that Canelo gets hurt/stopped/dropped as GGG does if they fight again.

Nothing else makes sense...GGG is gonna get paid about the same amount of money regardless

Why not take the $40 million and knock his ass out and shut him and his fans up for good measure
      - -You don't think.

Comment

Lol...you basically said it was a boring fight compared to Jacobs/Canelo...just pointed out it had a lot more action than that fight...presumably one would think a fight with more action/punches landed was more entertaining...maybe that's just me and everyone else who follows boxing (besides you)

Idk I would think if you felt 1) your guy got a close decision in his backyard after a draw in his backyard...that you would jump at the chance for him to take $40 million to KO him...would put an exclamation point on everything

2) if you felt he dominated both fights, why not take the $40 million and KO him if it were pretty easy
        His money is guaranteed so it doesn’t matter who he fights. The second fight did lower PPV buys than the first so it’s not as big and Canelo would be a big favorite so a lot of the intrigue is gone.
        Canelo has the best resume in boxing, he can fight who he wants.
        GGG’s resume and legacy was destroyed that night last September. He could have gone down as an ATG but now he’s just known as a guy who knocks out bums but doesn’t look amazing against top competition.
        Only butthurt GGG fans are crying for that fight.
        I’d like to see GGG earn that third ass whipping.

Comment

Originally posted by NeloVsGGG-8 View Post
          freeze frame pics of your theory about missed punches or punches landed on gloves! lol
          yeah :23 second mark...lands on his glove

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
            His money is guaranteed so it doesn’t matter who he fights. The second fight did lower PPV buys than the first so it’s not as big and Canelo would be a big favorite so a lot of the intrigue is gone.
            Canelo has the best resume in boxing, he can fight who he wants.
            GGG’s resume and legacy was destroyed that night last September. He could have gone down as an ATG but now he’s just known as a guy who knocks out bums but doesn’t look amazing against top competition.
            Only butthurt GGG fans are crying for that fight.
            I’d like to see GGG earn that third ass whipping.
            I guess some can see whatever they want

Edit - I think the 2nd fight was a higher $ PPV amount and actually made more money too...either way it was all very close to the first fight from what I have seen...it's a $100+ million dollar fight...the only one in boxing at the moment
            Last edited by Boxing_1013; 07-17-2019, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
              - -You don't think.
              Little harsh to say that about them...I think they are just too fanatical about Nelo to really be objective

Comment

yeah :23 second mark...lands on his glove
                NOPE! I told you to Freeze Frame it. You probably did and decided to not do it... casuals don't know that piercing jabs rip through a guard. This happens a lot in boxing, and ironically it's what makes GGG successful in jab attempts against many. And again, when there's vaseline on gloves in fights only casuals think the friction is the same if there werent...
                Robbie Barrettaboutfkntime

Comment

Originally posted by NeloVsGGG-8 View Post
                  NOPE! I told you to Freeze Frame it. You probably did and decided to not do it... casuals don't know that piercing jabs rip through a guard. This happens a lot in boxing, and ironically it's what makes GGG successful in jab attempts against many. And again, when there's vaseline on gloves in fights only casuals think the friction is the same if there werent...
                  Robbie Barrettaboutfkntime

No...I said about :20 seconds in my first post...and then specified exactly :23 seconds in my second post...the power shot that the scorer in this video counted...landed on GGG's gloves...check it out

Comment

No...I said about :20 seconds in my first post...and then specified exactly :23 seconds in my second post...the power shot that the scorer in this video counted...landed on GGG's gloves...check it out
                    lol. There you go lying again. :20

Comment

because he gets paid the same regardless, and the 2nd fight with ggg was the toughest fight of his career...better to wait a bit longer, time is on his side.

if they were still under the ppv model, the fight would have a much better chance of being made. this is something people mentioned when he signed that contract...that he could just fight whoever regardless of what the demand from fans was and which fight would make the most $$$.

Comment

Working...
                      X