Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gervonta Davis: I'm The Cash Cow In The 130-Pound Division!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
    The difference being Ward, GGG and Loma were looking for big fights. GGG got avoided a fair bit and Ward went into the tournament to get them. And if they weren’t getting big fights, they were still active to try and build something, like GGG. His activity and knockout streak got him a reputation and eventually big fights.

Davis cried on Twitter saying his promoters were trying to get him beat when they enquired about a fight with Loma. He (or his team) have also turned down a $5m one fight offer to fight Tevin Farmer, a guy that i think he’d smash. Farmer isn’t a huge fight, but it’s still bigger than the guy’s he’s been fighting.

I really rate Tank as a fighter but he seems too content to just sit back and fight nobodies every 9 months. He’s too inactive for a 25 year old champ and doesn’t seem to be making noise to get the best fights. The years go quickly, especially for smaller fighters that usually decline at a younger age and for a guy that seems to get out of shape in his long periods out of the ring. It didn’t seem that long ago that Broner was a kid, now he’s 30.
    Look how you describe Tank not wanting to fight Loma yet at age 23! You describe him as "crying!" Yet Loma was not even fighting 8 round fights when he was 23! That's the double standard i'm talking about! I don't know why you say "He or his team..." You know his team controls who he fights! You know his team is not letting him fight Farmer on DAZN! Even Farmer's team knows that's not happening! Why are you putting the blame on Tank?

January 10, 2019:

DiBella: Davis-Farmer 'Meaningful Possibility' For Late 2019

“You could probably see a Gervonta Davis fight [with Farmer.] I think it’s probably inevitable,” said DiBella. “If it happens in 2019 it will be late in the year. It won’t be early because of Tevin’s contract with DAZN. But late in the year, it’s certainly a meaningful possibility.”

https://www.boxingscene.com/dibella-...e-2019--135269

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
      ward wasn't champ before he entered the super six. you aren't comparing like things. you are picking age and age alone while ignoring everything else. hes been champ for 2 and a half years and has fought nothing but bums. why not pay attention to that? that is far more important than age. age has no bearing on this. hes supposed to be a championship level fighter. hes being marketed as a championship level fighter. hes not being marketed as young kid boxer who will someday be champ.

if ward was champ and figthing bums he would be criticized and i did criticize him when he ducked bute and tried to fight sartison. if ggg was champ and fighting nothing but bums he would be criticized cept that didnt happen. he fought like 10 top ten guys. davis has fought one.

being a champ doesn't mean you are automatically top 5.saunders is a hcamp at 168 so he should be top 5? no. if you remember pedraza had recently fought edner cherry in a fight that almost everyone thought he lost so in reality his top 10 ranking was questionable because cherry wasnt a top 10 guy.
      I am using age because that's the comparison to the others! Tank is a champ at 23, much earlier than Ward, GGG, and Loma! Let's give him credit! He's fighting his mandatory, just like GGG used to do all the time! You went from he never beat a top guy to at least admitting he did fight one, and he beat Pedraza in much better fashion than Loma! Let's give him credit! I DO AGREE WITH YOU that he needs to raise his game! He's NOW in his physical prime, so there are no excuses! I expect his opponent to be better after his mandatory! However, I think he's on pace with MOST of the other champions in the sport! He's not Tyson, Ali, or even Mayweather, but he's doing pretty well for a young guy at 25!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        Look how you describe Tank not wanting to fight Loma yet at age 23! You describe him as "crying!" Yet Loma was not even fighting 8 round fights when he was 23! That's the double standard i'm talking about! I don't know why you say "He or his team..." You know his team controls who he fights! You know his team is not letting him fight Farmer on DAZN! Even Farmer's team knows that's not happening! Why are you putting the blame on Tank?

January 10, 2019:

DiBella: Davis-Farmer 'Meaningful Possibility' For Late 2019

“You could probably see a Gervonta Davis fight [with Farmer.] I think it’s probably inevitable,” said DiBella. “If it happens in 2019 it will be late in the year. It won’t be early because of Tevin’s contract with DAZN. But late in the year, it’s certainly a meaningful possibility.”

https://www.boxingscene.com/dibella-...e-2019--135269
        If tank is scared of a challenge, then he should have stayed in the Am’s until he has the experience he feels he needs.

Instead he’s boiling himself down to fight people below his natural weight class, and he’s calling people up to fight him there. Holding a title hostage fighting Bantamweights and his hardest opponent to date was the scales. Farmer’s been calling him out for over a year now and tank is silent on that front while trying to fight one eyed Abner Mares

Sure he doesn’t have to fight Loma, but he’s also not fighting anyone. 3 champs at the weight class he fights at, and four champs at his actual weight and he’s calling out Bantamweights.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
          Davis is that good and real boxing fans know that. That's the reason he's held to a different standard. Who's really criticizing Stevenson, Haney, Lopez, and Ryan Garcia as much, for example?

Most name guys are fighting bums too.

I agree with some of the legit critics, however. He needs to step it up above Pedraza. Hopefully, Nunez presents some scare.
          Hopefully it's Farmer or GRJ next! However, just as an example, do you see any outrage at Berchelt for not moving up to 135 for Lomachenko? They have the same promotions and the same network! Nobody is bothered by that!

The reason Tank is not placed in the group you mentioned is because he's already a champion! But that's his group, and I hope we get to see all of them fight each other! BTW, I would add Chris Colbert to that group too!

Comment

He's not in his mid-20s. He's not 25 yet. He's 24. Why do fans always skip a year? I don't care about his age. Davis is a young boxing vet.

Fights I wanna see him in and are possible to make, hopefully: Fortuna, Lopez, Lomachenko, Mikey, Pacman (money fight @ 140). I think he'll go to 135 after this coming fight.
            How do you see a Hanney/Davis fight going?
            Both are young by this generations standards and Davis is a champion while Devon being the contender.
            This is the fight I most want to see.

Comment

• Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
              If tank is scared of a challenge, then he should have stayed in the Am’s until he has the experience he feels he needs.

Instead he’s boiling himself down to fight people below his natural weight class, and he’s calling people up to fight him there. Holding a title hostage fighting Bantamweights and his hardest opponent to date was the scales. Farmer’s been calling him out for over a year now and tank is silent on that front while trying to fight one eyed Abner Mares

Sure he doesn’t have to fight Loma, but he’s also not fighting anyone. 3 champs at the weight class he fights at, and four champs at his actual weight and he’s calling out Bantamweights.
              Are you telling me that all the HOF fighters came out of the amateurs like Lomachenko, or is Lomachenko an anomaly? Did Pacquiao follow a similar path like Loma? Did Mayweather? Did Mike Tyson? Do you remember the "bum of the month club?" C'mon bruh!

So did Farmer think signing with DAZN was going to make that fight happen? If he did, then he's stupid AF! Dibella made his statement, and that statement tells you all you need to know! You're smart enough to know that! I read your posts frequently!

Who is not "boiling themselves down" in boxing today? Half the champions below 200lbs. are doing the exact same thing as Tank! Nobody complained about Loma vs. Rigo! Nobody complained about GGG vs. Brook! So why are we mad at Tank?

Comment

• Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
                How do you see a Hanney/Davis fight going?
                Both are young by this generations standards and Davis is a champion while Devon being the contender.
                This is the fight I most want to see.
                Good question. Haney is still coming together and finding himself, while Davis is already there and in his prime. They are not in the same class. Davis' class is Loma. That's the fight I'm waiting to see.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  Hopefully it's Farmer or GRJ next! However, just as an example, do you see any outrage at Berchelt for not moving up to 135 for Lomachenko? They have the same promotions and the same network! Nobody is bothered by that!

The reason Tank is not placed in the group you mentioned is because he's already a champion! But that's his group, and I hope we get to see all of them fight each other! BTW, I would add Chris Colbert to that group too!
                  I know you really wanna see the Farmer fight, bro, but it isn't happening at 130. Maybe later at 135, if Farmer is still standing.

Comment

I know you really wanna see the Farmer fight, bro, but it isn't happening at 130. Maybe later at 135, if Farmer is still standing.
                    Until Farmer signs a new deal with DAZN, I'm gonna "keep hope alive!" LSC vs. GRJ hasn't been signed yet either, so there's still hope for Tank vs. GRJ too!

Comment

• Originally posted by HitmanTommy View Post
                      Bottom line, he's only 25.

People in here acting like he's 30.
                      Im just glad were gonna see him and Farmer hopefully... think it's a good idea that mayweather is saying PPV?

Comment

Working...
                      X