Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fury guaranteed $12.5 mil for tonight's fight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    If Bob is spending more on this fight than he's making I see it as losing money. Idc if ESPN gave him the money or not. And Bob don't like losing money.

Unless you are suggesting Arum is only paying him the 1M & ESPN is covering the other 11.5M or something directly. So Arum just needs to make a mill to break even basically than okay he probably isn't taking an L here, but I doubt thats how this deal is working.

Or maybe Arum is being un-Arum-like & they see this like the Floyd vs Guerrera part of the Floyd Showtime situation of this Fury deal & they are making their money with the Wilder sequel & trilogy fight.
    I think ESPN is covering his purse here period. They increased their boxing budget for a reason and they are the ones that wanted to sign Fury. You know if this was on Arum's dime he is absolutely putting this fight on PPV LOL.

IF Arum has to pay his own money here? It is very minimal compared to the total purse.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      Not at the prices his tickets are going for

These tickets are probably 70% off today.

And why aren't the Brits traveling to see him?
      We know Bob himself will never Shell out that kind of money. ESPN must have really wanted Fury on their Network if that 12.5 million is to be believed. ESPN has been throwing around a lot of cash to get guys on their app so who knows. Now if it was 2.5 million it would be much more believable. I am thinking that 1 in front of it all is a typo.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
        Why wouldn't it be true? I mean we pretty much knew about it the day Fury signed with ESPN.

Can't compare a WW who's not a huge draw to a HW. I mean 12.5M for someone like Schwarz is obviously not ideal, but ESPN badly wanted to get in the HW mix and this is a long play to get fights like Wilder and Joshua.

Crawford is getting some great pay days himself, even if they aren't 12.5M level pay days.
        The same reason we now know Pacquiao wasn't getting his guaranteed $20 mil per fight while Dan was reporting he was.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          The same reason we now know Pacquiao wasn't getting his guaranteed $20 mil per fight while Dan was reporting he was.
          How much did Manny make for that fight? And Idec/Coppinger were also reporting this I believe.

Comment

Huge guarantee for a mere showcase fight.

Comment

Tickets aren't selling well at all. I guess Arum/ESPN is hoping they can recoup this money down the line because this fight looks like its going to be a big loser in my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by saintpat View Post
                Fury’s ESPN+ deal pays him $80M over five fights. It’s been well publicized and reported. I don’t see why this is so hard to figure out.

All that has to be filed with the commission is the purse. The total compensation for fighters on contracts is almost always higher than the purse.
                Arum said that that figure was bull****, almost from the moment it was put forward.

Arum is a known liar, but what is that value in him arguing that his major deal was actually for less money?

Comment

Good for Fury! Now everybody is reporting a Lower Purse all of a sudden

Comment

Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
                    "Takes two to fight 50-50 or low-ball"
                    So why would AJ giving Schwartz 1mil a low ball?

Comment

Working...
                    X