No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones [TV] Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    I just cancelled my HBO sub a couple of hours ago. Nothing for me to see there anymore. No GOT, no boxing. I’ll sub again once the spin off starts.
    i would hold on to that if i were you

HBO is still the best network to rely in terms high quality produced series

Chernobyl is airing now and shaping to be the best mini-series after Band of Brothers

Watchmen, His Dark Materials are still coming.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaD RoBoT View Post

Chernobyl is airing now and shaping to be the best mini-series after Band of Brothers

I already have Netflix, MLB.tv, and DAZN which is enough for me. I specifically got HBO for GOT and it has now served its purpose.

If there’s another good series on HBO that catches my attention in the future, then i’ll get it again. It’s what happened with The Wire (watched it after it was done), and GOT.

I didn’t start watching GOT until like 3-4 seasons in. By then it had a really good track record, great reviews, and was being talked about so much that I had to give it a try. I really wasn’t feeling the whole lord of the rings fantasy genre vibe so that’s what put me at bay in the first place.

I do admit I find Watchmen intriguing. I’ll keep my eye on how that one does. Also before I cancelled Showtime I was watching The Chi, which seemed pretty good. It had a The Wire feel to it. But I cancelled lol, can’t pay a sub for 1 show.

Last shows I was really trying to get into on HBO before cancelling, were True Detective and The Sopranos. I will finish them one day, but right now I have no interest.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaD RoBoT View Post

****ing rookies. I havent paid for cable or subscriptions since 2010.

Bittorrent has been out for a decade now.

Comment

• Originally posted by |DARKSEID| View Post
          ****ing rookies. I havent paid for cable or subscriptions since 2010.

Bittorrent has been out for a decade now.
          Reported to the FBI.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            I already have Netflix, MLB.tv, and DAZN which is enough for me. I specifically got HBO for GOT and it has now served its purpose.

If there’s another good series on HBO that catches my attention in the future, then i’ll get it again. It’s what happened with The Wire (watched it after it was done), and GOT.

I didn’t start watching GOT until like 3-4 seasons in. By then it had a really good track record, great reviews, and was being talked about so much that I had to give it a try. I really wasn’t feeling the whole lord of the rings fantasy genre vibe so that’s what put me at bay in the first place.

I do admit I find Watchmen intriguing. I’ll keep my eye on how that one does. Also before I cancelled Showtime I was watching The Chi, which seemed pretty good. It had a The Wire feel to it. But I cancelled lol, can’t pay a sub for 1 show.

Last shows I was really trying to get into on HBO before cancelling, were True Detective and The Sopranos. I will finish them one day, but right now I have no interest.
            true detective has gone down the *****ter since s1. the last season was atrociously boring. although i hear they are already starting to make the thrones prequel tv series.

Comment

• Originally posted by SterlingStained View Post
              true detective has gone down the *****ter since s1.
              So true.
              Cary Fukunaga having real input on S2 might have made it less jarring, but w/e.

Comment

• Just saw an article on the guy who played Jorah Mormont. It got me thinking.

GoT had its ups and downs. Its great spots and its weak spots. But I reckon it has to be the GOAT for actors with the best voices.

Half of the guys on that show, generally the older ones, had incredible diction and tone.

Fucking marvelous it was.

Comment

• The GOT limited edition collector’s box set will not be UHD Blu-ray. That sucks, considering they can do it if they want, because season 1 is out for UHD blu-ray. If they can do it for the very first season, they can do it for the rest. I still want to get the box set but i’m not too eager about it since it’s only regular br.

Comment

• Just to rub in, they will be releasing season 8 in 4k, steelbook. Making season 1 and season 8 the sole 4k br seasons thus far.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/game-of...?skuId=6344905

Comment

• Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                      That would've been a stupid ending as well because,

A. They just defeated the white walkers so for them to return so soon makes absolutely no sense

And

B. Whose to say those symbols weren't made by the night king right before the white walkers crossed the wall.
                      I mean maybe.. is it not better then what we got? it would have built more hype around the next series they have (based on the WhiteWalkers). Also don't forget.. in like season 4 or 5.. they take the baby and turn it into a White walker.. We never see that again.. So one would assume it was left beyond the wall?

I mean who really cares about those cans if they got deposed in one episode after 8 seasons build up as the big bad.. "the real war"

Right now i have no inclination to ever watch GOT again.. or this new show.. Hopefully George finishes the books. Doesn't seem like i am the only one feeling that way.. i hear the other 2 series have been put on hold now

Comment

Working...
                      X