The Book Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Book Thread

Discuss books here.

I recently finished reading East of Eden again, such a good book. Recommended.

Also recommended from me are The Mayor of Casterbridge and Far From the Madding Crowd, both by Thomas Hardy one of my favourite authors.

Charles Dickens is another favourite, Great Expectations, A Tale of Two Cities, Oliver Twist and so on.

And seeing as I've mentioned books by three male authors I'll finish by saying even though I've only read it once in my English Literature class Mary Shelley's Frankenstein is a very good read. Maye have to go down to my library and take a copy out.

I'm a bit of a classic literature nerd

Comment

Bloods War is a gr8 book. I ain't read much since college graduation but that book is solid. Insightful and entertainin.

Comment

My most recent books read -

The Shack - Great little book

The Hobbit - A true great

Comment

The only book you'll ever need

Comment

Originally posted by Gizzam View Post

The only book you'll ever need
            Str8 up, these books are pointless. A ***** who knows how to **** don't need Tibetan rituals n **** my ******.

Comment

Originally posted by timba1988 View Post
              My most recent books read - The Shack - Great little book The Hobbit - A true great
              I've had The Shack recommended to me, she basically insisted I read it. I read The Hobbit again not long ago, love the LOTR books too, hate the films though. Currently reading Braindroppings by George Carlin, nowhere as funny as watching him but some of his observations on language are damn clever. Learning a few things about the English language from it too.

Comment

been reading Michael Connelly's books lately.

Comment

I've been on a Tom Clancy jag lately. Reading Debt of Honor right now.

Comment

The damage done.15years in a thai jail.
                    Caught smuggling

Comment

Working...
                    X