No announcement yet.

Any MEMBERS from MEXICO? Questions about your boxing channels

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any MEMBERS from MEXICO? Questions about your boxing channels

I know there's TV Azteca. I also saw a network called ''Televisa Deportes.'' Is that from Mexico or the USA?

These two networks will show Canelo Jacobs with a 15min delay.

I also saw a PAID Cable Boxing Channel called ''Space'' which will show Canelo Jacobs live.

One thing they will all have in common is.....

that lovely DAZN tarp!

WAR DAZN

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
    I know there's TV Azteca. I also saw a network called ''Televisa Deportes.'' Is that from Mexico or the USA?

I also saw a PAID Cable Boxing Channel called ''Space'' which will show Canelo Jacobs live.

that lovely DAZN tarp!

WAR DAZN
    Ive asked about it before. You might find something relevant in here https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=797465

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
      Ive asked about it before. You might find something relevant in here https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=797465
      Thanks. but having researched online those are the only 4 networks available in Mexico at the time. That channel Space is a sports channel you have to pay for cable buyers. Someone on the forum had asked me, why would a Mexican pay for Canelo fights if they are shown for free on Box Azteca.

Well, again, the Box Azteca has a 15min time delay so it isn't live to begin with.

Those who want the live, PAY for channel Space.

So its obvious that Mexicans pay for Canelo fights if they don't fancy the Box Azteca fights.

Therefore, there will be buyers in Mexico for DAZN when it hits.

Comment

Nobody pays with a 15 minute delay don’t be ridiculous.

But on that note, that’s why all these discussions about ratings are ridiculous.

Boxing is still big business in the US and rest of the world, so lots
        Of networks carry major fights in foreign land.

Those don’t show up on US ratings but does equal big money for the greatest sport on earth.

Comment

Originally posted by boogbx View Post
          Nobody pays with a 15 minute delay don’t be ridiculous.

But on that note, that’s why all these discussions about ratings are ridiculous.

Boxing is still big business in the US and rest of the world, so lots
          Of networks carry major fights in foreign land.

Those don’t show up on US ratings but does equal big money for the greatest sport on earth.
          Nobody said you pay for Box Azteca and Televisa Deportes since its free tv, but those Canelo broadcasts have a 15min delay. I said channel Space is a paid cable subscription in Mexico for the actual live event.

Comment

Nobody said you pay for Box Azteca and Televisa Deportes since its free tv, but those Canelo broadcasts have a 15min delay. I said channel Space is a paid cable subscription in Mexico for the actual live event.
            What I meant is nobody pays having a free alternative, even if it’s 15 minute delay.

Comment

that lovely DAZN tarp!

WAR DAZN
              There is no network called Televisa deportes, that is a name for the sports segment of the televisa channels. televisa has a cable ch called TDN but they mainly play soccer. If you want to watch boxing for free, but with a delay in signal you only have two options, Azteca 7 and Canal 5. Space, if I'm not mistaken, is from Argentina
              Last edited by cuate07; 05-03-2019, 01:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cuate07 View Post
                There is no network called Televisa deportes, that is a name for the sports segment of the televisa channels. televisa has a cable ch called TDN but they mainly play soccer. If you want to watch boxing for free, but with a delay in signal you only have two options, Azteca 7 and Canal 5. Space, if I'm not mistaken, is from Argentina

Comment

Televisa deportes its the sports segment of televisa channels (2 and 5), this fight will be seen on the main Televisa channel, the 2, that its called Las Estrellas.

Regularly the Televisa box functions are passed through canal 5.

Comment

Originally posted by cuate07 View Post
                    Televisa deportes its the sports segment of televisa channels (2 and 5), this fight will be seen on the main Televisa channel, the 2, that its called Las Estrellas.

Regularly the Televisa box functions are passed through canal 5.
                    Good to know, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X