Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Matthysse can beat any of the top welterweights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No. Maybe Vargas, maybe

Comment

Tha****?

He would KO head first porter. beat vargas. The guy showed he has a lot left.

Comment

IMO Matthysse can be competitive with any of the top guys.

I'd like to see him in there Vs. Bradley, Vargas or Pacquiao those are the most competitive where his skillset would match up best. 50/50 with these fighters.

Thurman, Spence, Porter (because of his head clash style) & Garcia he should stay clear from.

Comment

You can't even be sure if these top fighters would want to have a piece of the Argentinian. Danny had to demand more than what Schaefer was offering at that time, which was $1 mil. Garcia wanted $2 mil, but settled for $1.5 mil, which was a career high pay day for an undercard fight. And he snubbed Matthysse's rematch challenge since the fight forcing Lucas to leave Haymon.

Don't know if Vargas would want Matthysse either. He probably wants another shot at Pacquiao or Bradley.

Matthysse for now will be more suited with guys like Collazo, Berto, Rios, Sadam Ali, fellow Argentinian Chaves, etc.

Comment

Matthysse is done. Even though he got a KO win he looked vulnerable in some spots against a C-level fighter.

However, it would be nice to see the Matthysse hype train chugging again.

Comment

Matthysse apparently got KOd in sparring by a prospect

Comment

I think it's 50/50 with Vargas at this point and Bradley maybe shot and gas been very inactive so he can pull that of maybe. But the rest beat I think I give him a punchers chance against Brook, with his eye injures and all but thats about it id still favor Brook to out box him in a close one tbh.

Comment

i think he struggles against the top like thurman, spence, and Brook the others he has a chance against e

Comment

He already obliterated Peterson. I think he can take Collazo, although Collazo sometimes gets upset wins out of nowhere. Vargas.

I just don't see him hurting DSG. The rest move too much for him, he's often very stationary and his opponent is in most danger when they're stationary too and trying to trade.

Comment

hell no....

Comment

Working...
                      X