No announcement yet.

I'm so sick of the kaepernick controversy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    You don't think hundreds of years of slavery/segregation can cause people to be dysfunctional?
    So you're dysfunctional now?

Why the faq would i get affected/scarred emotionally by what happened to my grandparents or great grand parents?

You are using a lot of excuses and blaming others as usual for your situation. The truth is, in general, you are in a **** hole because of poor choices YOU make in your life (like committing crimes, not taking care of your children, not going to school).

Comment

Originally posted by B.UTLER View Post
      So you're dysfunctional now?
      I'm not dysfunctional, the behaviors you described are.

And if you were separated from your grandparents and great grandparents, plus couldn't benefit from their knowledge or from the fruit of their labors, you don't think it would have some effect on your quality of life?

Comment

Originally posted by B.U.R.N.E.R View Post
        I mean hell lets round up all the white people and run them through 450 years of sexual abuse, torture, murder, forced labor and rape and lets post the results 400 years from now.

I mean gimme a break. Some of these posters are clueless.
        That has happened, and there's a perfect test case for it. The Irish were brutally enslaved by the British for nearly 800 years. Subject to the very horrors you are talking about. Within 80 years of independence, Ireland was more developed and wealthier than the UK itself.

Ultimately the only way a group can overcome past oppression is through their own efforts. I believe African-Americans have it within themselves and their own communities to overcome these issues, and I don't think - as you and other posters seem to - that its up to white people to 'save' them.

Comment

Working...
        X