Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That red beard on Canelo is glorious

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
      GGG's punches have slowed down considerably his last few fights. Opponents are now able to roll with them.

I think more and more guys are going to go the distance with him. His beard still seems capable though. Canelo's got a proven chin also.
      Cottos Brother.

Comment

Canelo proved to have an amazing chin, one of the best in the sport. No doubt.

But Gennady was eating some huge shots and just kept coming forward just like he has in past fights. Might be biased, but best in the sport? Seems like you need a baseball bat to crack it.

I don't know but top chins currently that come to my mind are these two, Ruslan (if he still counts as active), Chavez Jr (really all he has going for him besides his last name), maybe Rios ....some others I'm sure I'm forgetting.

Comment

Originally posted by Elotero View Post
          Cottos Brother.
          Teenager.....................

Comment

Adelaide Byrd did not appear to be too impressed by the clean shaven look on GGG

Comment

I think GGG gots the better beard for sure. Jacobs + Canelo both landed good shots on him & he seemed relatively cool with it all things considered & never seriously hurt. And we've all seen guys get hit by Jacobs + Canelo & not be cool with it & be seriously hurt by it & I think they threw those same punches at GGG.

I think Canelo just has superb defensive abilities vs having some iron jaw or whatever people are trying to say. I thought GGG didn't even try to throw with bad intentions as much as he usually does in his average fight so there was never THAT much of a chin check by GGG on Canelo in this fight.

Or it seemed that way to me anyway. And I suspect Canelo's defense was the reason for that cuz GGG & Abel knew he'd be missing alot. Although that doesn't really explain why GGG didn't go to the body virtually at all doe, but thats a whole other thread I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                Adelaide Byrd did not appear to be too impressed by the clean shaven look on GGG

... please forget about that "byrd"... better ask yourself why GGG himself didn't go for "dat body"...

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  I think GGG gots the better beard for sure. Jacobs + Canelo both landed good shots on him & he seemed relatively cool with it all things considered & never seriously hurt. And we've all seen guys get hit by Jacobs + Canelo & not be cool with it & be seriously hurt by it & I think they threw those same punches at GGG.

I think Canelo just has superb defensive abilities vs having some iron jaw or whatever people are trying to say. I thought GGG didn't even try to throw with bad intentions as much as he usually does in his average fight so there was never THAT much of a chin check by GGG on Canelo in this fight.

Or it seemed that way to me anyway. And I suspect Canelo's defense was the reason for that cuz GGG & Abel knew he'd be missing alot. Although that doesn't really explain why GGG didn't go to the body virtually at all doe, but thats a whole other thread I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                    I'd say they both share the title of best chins in boxing.
                    Idk. You forget about Porter, Danny, Thurman, and Crawford.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
                      Idk. You forget about Porter, Danny, Thurman, and Crawford.

Comment

Working...
                      X