No announcement yet.

Dan Rafael: Controversy nothing more than a manufactured excuse by Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
    Well why does Ward come in headfirst with his head so low?

What about it? His head isn't below the waist.

It's called closing distance and avoiding punches.
    Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 06-21-2017, 06:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
      What about it? His head isn't below the waist.
      Who said below the waist? He is still coming in headfirst at Kovalev, so when he does that Kovalev headlocks him. It's not like Kovalev jumps to reach Ward's head and lock it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
        Who said below the waist? He is still coming in headfirst at Kovalev, so when he does that Kovalev headlocks him. It's not like Kovalev jumps to reach Ward's head and lock it.
        Headlockis are illegal, moving your head isn't.

Watch the video posted earlier he was headlocking when that wasn't happening.

Comment

• Dan wrote this with a gun to his head

Comment

• Originally posted by FLY TY View Post
            Of course, if a fighter is able to avoid punches, bu either running or clinching, then they may be able to survive a round.

When a guy is hurt, on the ropes, and taking punches, you stop the fight.

I think the fact that these were body punches, people a different impression. The fact is, it only takes 1 head punch to seriously hurt a dude, so referees are trained to stop a fight, if a guy is being hit, and incapable of defending himself....which is exactly what Weeks did.

Don't take it from me, Sergey's own cutman says Weeks made the right call, or Sergey could've gotten hurt.
            The problem is the unanswered punches were all low blows. The final squeence and it leading to the stoppage is my problem. Almost nobody ever fights back after getting hit low. They usually look for the ref to step in and call it.

Comment

• This is the same guy that rage scored the 1st fight for Kov.

It's time to face reality Kovtards.

Comment

Working...
              X