Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: George Groves Stops Fedor Chudinov in Six Rounds For WBA Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not his biggest fan but i'm glad for Groves. It had got to the stage that it looked like it was never going to happen for him.

Chudinov just keeps coming forward and made Groves fight at what seemed a fast pace for him from the start. He had success too.
    I've no problems with the stoppage. Chudinov has an iron chin, he's a fighter who needed saving from himself there. He took a lot of hard, clean shots and didn't answer them.

Classy interview from Groves in regards to Gutknecht post fight also.

There's some good domestic unification fights there now, if they can be made.
    Smith if he wins against Dirrell, and a DeGale rematch.

Comment

Good stoppage. That reminded me of Corrales vs Castillo I. Some fighters just don't go down and no chance should we wait for another life ending injury (like Groves' last opponent).

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
        Did you just quote yourself thinking you are in your alt?
        Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        Whoa! I think he did.

Plunger? WTF?
        Lol I caught someone doing that before. I think it was therealpugilist or something.

Comment

Sticky thread this? BIGPOPPAPUMP Surely bigger news when there's a new wba (super) champ, than the salido fight?

Big congrats to groves, tough fight, chronic made of stone. Stoppage was right, people must understand the UK has had its share of deaths/brain problems of fighters from the ref not stepping in sooner when someone is taking massive head punishment, even if they're not going down. Nick Blackwell

Comment

Great fight, very exciting to watch. The first 4+ rounds I thought it was inevitable that Chudinov would break down Groves with mental/physical fatigue. Fedor didn't seem much fazed by Groves' shots who also seemed to be fighting to keep Chudinov at bay. Groves finally put it together and rocked the Russian who seemed to be out on his feet. He was just eating punches and didn't try to tie up, throw back or retreat. Saw no problem with the stoppage and based on body language, neither did Chudinov.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
              You can't allow a boxer to take a minute worth's of power punches with his face.

I don't know if he WAS out on his feet but he looked as if he was.

Klitschko's stoppage a month ago was worse if you wanna take that point of view because he was still actively defending himself with arms up and head movement and AJ was missing some or not connecting clearly.

Here Chudinov's head was acting like a heavy bag for a full minute.
              Quoted for truth...especially the last three or four punches. Absolutely a legit stoppage.

Comment

Working...
              X