Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Floyd make your top 50 list

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put him anywhere as long as its below Pac, Morales, Joe Calzaghe, RJJ and Bernhard Hopkins.

Comment

High talents, not a great competitor!!! He fights for money alone and that can sabotage the minds competitive spirit. His overall natural abilities and the knowledge of techniques and methods puts him in the top one hundred all time!! I would guess close to 75 or so, in his weight class at 147 he's at a disadvantage but at 140lbs he moves up quickly.
      He's a great talent but not a great fighter!! He is a modern day master boxer but he looks to counter first!! Not exactly exciting, in the days of "live boxing" he would be forced to fight because no promotor would use his style passed a 6 rounder. Boxers like Pep, one of the best Master Boxers, didn't lounge on the ropes and step around, Pep was on the move laterialy and going in and out on his opponents. If Mayweather adopted Peps techniques and could have served him well.

Floyd will be fighting more if he continues his career, his legs will need alot of conditioning because thats what goes first!! He will have to step around his opponents and NOT lounge on the ropes because he WILL wear down if he's in there with a good fighter.
      At 140lbs he would be competitive with just about anyone, only the guys with power and a overwhelming style like Ike Williams might dominate him.
      Great talents, very good boxer, average fighter but things might change soon.
      Ray Corso

Comment

I know something about most of the great fighters of the past but I probably have not seen many of them on film. I have never arranged a list of the top 50 from 1 to 50. I am guessing most of the people that answer this poll don't have a written top 50 list either. So I am really just guessing where Floyd would end up if I took the time to see film of all the past greats if there was film on them to watch. I would study their records as well. I voted Floyd would end up between 30 and 39. Lots of great fighters have come and gone in the last hundred years. If I made a real study of all of them Floyd might go higher. I am sure he makes the top 50. I have been a big boxing fan since 1960 but that still leaves out many great fighters. Also when I was a fan I still might not have seen much of some great overseas fighters. Floyd is one of the best fighters I have seen lots of.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
          top 250 easy...his win over Bruselles put him above Jorge Paez
          The clown prince of mexicali?

Legend

Comment

I think floyd is in the top 50.

Comment

Number 63. He breaks the top 50 if he beats Martinez convincingly.

Comment

Working...
              X