No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Marquez Ices Luis Concepcion In One Round

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tyson Marquez Ices Luis Concepcion In One Round

By Jake Donovan - Hernan “Tyson” Marquez is going to be a popular young man come year-end awards time.

Nearly eight months after throwing down with Luis Concepcion in what remains the leading candidate for Fight of the Year, their highly anticipated rematch proved to be just as dramatic – just nowhere nearly as competitive.

Adding his name to the Knockout of the Year and perhaps Fighter of the Year categories, Marquez lived up to his “Tyson” nickname, scoring three knockdowns en route to a first round stoppage in their main event Saturday evening in Hermosillo, Mexico. [Click Here To Read More]

Omg... I missed this. I need to watch this as soon as it's up on youtube.

Comment

It's there already, homie!

Comment

Just seen the fight....Tyson Marquez ****ing blitzed Luis. Thank god for Boxing Scene, otherwise id have had no idea who Tyson Marquez was quite a few months back.

Comment

Good win for Marquez... Not to say it was a premature stoppage, but I would have liked to have seen the ref let Concepccion get up from that third knockdown (to see what Concepccion had left). The fact is there wasn't a three-knockdown rule in effect; and we all know that just because a fighter gets knockdowned three times in a the first round it doesn't mean that fighter is done. Maybe Marquez would have finished him, or maybe Concepccion would have cleared the cobwebs and made it a good fight... Just saying!!!

Correction. I just found out there was a three-knockdown rule in effect. That's interesting. There aren't too many of these fights left. Especially for championships.
          Last edited by Carlos Alberto; 10-30-2011, 03:01 AM.

Comment

Concepccion was done after the first k.o.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos Alberto View Post
              Good win for Marquez... Not to say it was a premature stoppage, but I would have liked to have seen the ref let Concepccion get up from that third knockdown (to see what Concepccion had left)

It's too bad there was a 3 knockdown rule because all 3 seemed to be flash knockdowns.

Comment

A Mexican v$ a Nicaraguan and a Puerto Rican ref with Latino commentator$ and Latino ring card girl$. Love it when Latinos make that $$$$$!!!!

Comment

how about tyson marquez vs the winner of viloria/segura??....man that would be great

Comment

Working...
                  X