No announcement yet.

Carlos Molina is the best fighter at 154lbs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carlos Molina is the best fighter at 154lbs

Lets cut all the bull****. Yes, Molina has little to no fanbase and isnt amazing, but his record destroys anyone else at 154lbs.

In 2011 he dominated Cintron and clearly deserved the decision over Lara. and we all know how easily Lara beat Williams.

Who else has better wins than these? Cotto's only wins are over a one legged Yuri Foreman who got dominated and stopped in his next fight against Wolak, and a 37 year old Mayorga who looked like **** in his previous fight.

Alvarez has only just burst onto the scene, and although I was impressed with his win over Rhodes it doesnt match up to wins over Lara and Cintron.

Who else is there? Bundrage? Dont make me laugh. Williams just got his ass kicked against someone Molina deserved to beat, and got a BS win over Cintron in a fight he was losing.

Any arguments against this?

war molina hope he gets a big fight later on this year

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
      war molina hope he gets a big fight later on this year
      I doubt it. no one is going to want to fight him because hes no name but huge risk as hes already proven with his two big recent upsets.

Comment

Originally posted by Steak View Post

Yes, Molina didn't beat Lara, nor he will he beat Lara if they ever fight again. Wide UD for Lara.

Comment

Cotto/Molina or Cotto/Wolak, first half of 2012

I'd also like to see Molina/Dzinziruk or Molina/Wolak

154 is shaping up quite nicely

Comment

Lets cut all the bull****. Yes, Molina has little to no fanbase and isnt amazing, but his record destroys anyone else at 154lbs.

In 2011 he dominated Cintron and clearly deserved the decision over Lara. and we all know how easily Lara beat Williams.

Who else has better wins than these? Cotto's only wins are over a one legged Yuri Foreman who got dominated and stopped in his next fight against Wolak, and a 37 year old Mayorga who looked like **** in his previous fight.

Alvarez has only just burst onto the scene, and although I was impressed with his win over Rhodes it doesnt match up to wins over Lara and Cintron.

Who else is there? Bundrage? Dont make me laugh. Williams just got his ass kicked against someone Molina deserved to beat, and got a BS win over Cintron in a fight he was losing.

Not true....

Comment

Why does everyone act like Molina clearly beat Lara? ****, if throwing punches at someone's forearms gives you a clear win then sign me up...It was a close fight, and the right decision was made in my opinion.

Comment

I doubt it. no one is going to want to fight him because hes no name but huge risk as hes already proven with his two big recent upsets.
                huge risk?

bro lets not get it twisted
                cotto, shot as he is, would murk this guy
                murk him.

same with angulo. molina isn't fast enough of hand or foot to deal with angulo for 12 rounds. he'd take his head off

cintron is soft and looked as bad as he's looked since he was fighting on ESPN to begin with. if you

there's no reward fighting a guy like molina
                the risk isn't huge

pacquiao, mayweather, martinez, angulo, all of these guys carry MUCH MORE risk than a molina fight

what does he do well?
                he takes a good punch
                he's busy and has balls
                he has lots of exp
                and he's on a good run of late

but he has slow hands and feet
                his chin is just chilling out there when he punches, and he punches a lot.
                he's not a big puncher

lets look at his losses as well, not just his draws and W's over shot as **** citron (who ronnie shields will even admit looked like he might be all done)

he was in a drag out brawl with a guy who was 2- 0 - 2 early in his career
                earned a D
                got a draw with chavez JR at 140, where JR never had any business anyway, they literally wanted him to be as much like his father as possible
                lost the rematch

dropped a UD to a JR WW who was later stopped by a journeyman and retired

loss to alvarado (MD, no real shame here, alvarado is no cupcake)

a Draw with lara (who looked horrible in that fight, and would likely ruin molina in a rematch)

his resume is impressive for a guy who came up the hard way
                he deserves his ranking

but i'd pick angulo, vanes, cotto, and canelo to beat him

and if citntron wasn't soft as a grape i'd pick him too

if that guy fought every fight the way he fought angulo he cold have been at least a solid pro instead of a huge disappointment

oh and finally, he's not that big

he could still make WW easily with a long training camp he says
                no surprise, most journeymen (which is essentially what he is) fight heavier than the top flight pros you see who are able to take many weeks to drop down to the appropriate weight and hold a training camp, as opposed to staying in decent shape year round and hoping to get a phonecall to fight in a couple weeks
                Last edited by New England; 08-01-2011, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X