Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why was it that Ray Robinson was the best?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tehMatrix View Post
    what do you mean "even" floyd? you overrate him that much? and most dont have an unbeaten amatuer record because they have upto 100-300 fights
    no you ****ing ****er even roger mayweather said that he was the greatest fighter who ever lived and then after him its floyd...and fighting 100-300 amateur fights dont mean **** fighting 100plus pro fights and losing 1 is a great feat...and besides all the greats didnt have 100-300 plus amateur fights...those who had 300 fights were sipmliy not ready for the pro game as they had no one to promote them coz bascially they were not impressive enough...so **** ur face u ****ing ****er!!!!!!!!

Comment

and what u see of his highlights werent his best perfomances...ask bret sugar and the rest...the best of his fights were not captured on flim...!

Comment

He is the best because the MYTH has lived on. Over 95% of the people who will give their life to defend his "#1 GOAT fo sheezy" haven't seen more than 10 of his fights. He had a lot of flaws which weren't exposed enough because there weren't enough fighters ahead of their time to do it. People mostly give him this honor because of his stats. If that were the case then Chavez should be ranked a lot higher than he is. He was consistent but misses the quality of opposition like an Ali or Leonard to be ranked #1.
        I know you lads will feel gooey after reading this but you just need to get used to hearing the truth. The Slimey one has spoken.

Comment

Originally posted by Slimey Limey View Post
          He is the best because the MYTH has lived on. Over 95% of the people who will give their life to defend his "#1 GOAT fo sheezy" haven't seen more than 10 of his fights. He had a lot of flaws which weren't exposed enough because there weren't enough fighters ahead of their time to do it. People mostly give him this honor because of his stats. If that were the case then Chavez should be ranked a lot higher than he is. He was consistent but misses the quality of opposition like an Ali or Leonard to be ranked #1.
          I know you lads will feel gooey after reading this but you just need to get used to hearing the truth. The Slimey one has spoken.
          Go gargle a grenade you uneducated, bottom-feeding troll

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
            Go gargle a grenade you uneducated, bottom-feeding troll

Poet
            Hurts hearing the truth, doesn't it mate? Of cource you would lash out with insults rather than deal with it. Gay Robinson is overrated,

Comment

Hurts hearing the truth, doesn't it mate? Of cource you would lash out with insults rather than deal with it. Gay Robinson is overrated,
              He beat 10 or 11 HOFers, how did he not have competition?

Comment

Originally posted by tehMatrix View Post
                bigger my ass, they packed more weight(fat) maybe, but most were shorter
                Middlweights are only bigger today because they are allowed to weigh in 2 days before a fight. If they had to weigh in same day most of todays fighters wouldn't be in their current divisions.

Comment

Originally posted by dans01234 View Post
                  He beat 10 or 11 HOFers, how did he not have competition?
                  I'm not saying he was a bum, this is about him being #1 ever, so i'm comparing him to the real greatest fighters of the sport and that is where you can see that he's overrated.

Comment

Only someone unfamiliar with his opposition or circumstances of the era would dismiss it.

Comment

I'm not saying he was a bum, this is about him being #1 ever, so i'm comparing him to the real greatest fighters of the sport and that is where you can see that he's overrated.
                      Ok, who has a better resume, and why?

Comment

Working...
                      X