No announcement yet.

Take a trip through The Milky Way

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
    You probably think nobody has seen a tornado, because they only seeing the debris it has picked up not the wind.

Besides you are missing the point, black holes have been observed.
    lol. You're being very silly.

A tornado is a visible funnel of air. The vortex can be seen without picking up debris. A black hole cannot be seen unless it effects objects near to it.

Black holes havent been observed directly.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Black Hole Caught in the Act (PHOTOS)

http://www.wunderground.com/news/bla...t-act-20131017
      That's a picture of a galaxy and a representation of a black hole through scanning instruments.

You can't "see" a black hole, the same way you can't see magnetic currents. They are forces that we can't interpret with our senses.
      Last edited by DARKSEID; 10-19-2013, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
        Science is something the devil created to take away the focus on god. God is what you need to be paying attention to, not this stupid made up science that is obviously completely wrong.

We should all go see a medium, tarot card reader, and study our holy books. Not look into some telescope to learn something we already have all the answers to in the holy bible!!!!

Praise Jesus, Allah and Sheba!

Why is it necessary to talk about religion in a thread about science? It would be better to add something constructive to the discussion, rather than start some kind of religion vs. science nonsense. We have enough of those. It seems like its human nature to want to fight and start conflict.

Comment

I have two telescopes, a Meade ETX90 and a Celestron XLT150. It's crazy to think how much stuff is out there, as far as nebulas, clusters, galaxies, etc. It's funny how in different seasons you get different perspectives of your place in the galaxy. For instance, during the summer night sky we are able to look toward the center of the Milky Way, whereas during the winter night sky we are looking toward the outer boundaries of the Milky Way. I believe it has to do with earth's position in it's orbit, since in winter position our view of Milky Way Center is obstructed by sun. Look at this picture and think in terms of earth's orbit around sun.

Comment

I am getting to learn the night sky and I can find comfort in it's consistency in position from year to year. The planets do not necessarily exhibit that year to year consistency in position, but they are still predictable. These are some things I have seen through my telescopes. Obviously, not to Hubble Standards.

Deep Sky

M42-Orion Nebula

M57-Ring Nebula

M27-Dumbell Nebula

M13-Great Globular Cluster

Comment

M31-Andromeda Galaxy

M81 & M-82

Comment

Working...
              X