Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Dirrell making his comeback in November?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andre Dirrell making his comeback in November?

Super middleweight contender Andre Dirrell told ******.com that he anticipates a Nov. 17 debut under The Money Team (TMT Promotions), the newly-formed promotional firm of recording artist 50 Cent and fighter Floyd Mayweather Jr., against an opponent to be determined.

Direll (20-1, 14 knockouts) first acknowledged having signed with "The Money Team" last lst month, as has former featherweight titleholder Yuriorkis Gamboa and Australian IBF featherweight beltholder Billy Dib as well as WBA "regular" featherweight titleholder Celestino Caballero.

The rapper, whose real name is Curtis Jackson, has obtained a license in New York, has has received an application for one in Nevada, according to Nevada State Athletic Commission executive director Keith Kizer,

A former Olympic bronze medalist, Dirrell told ******.com that he initially met with Mayweather and Jackson in early May, the weekend that Mayweather unanimously decisioned Miguel Cotto for the WBC's junior middleweight belt at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

"They're trying to get me right up in there with those big name fighters, like a rematch with Carl Froch, and a rematch with Arthur Abraham, any time, any place. Abraham and Robert Stieglitz, they're getting ready to fight for the WBO title [on Aug. 25,]" said Dirrell.

"I could fight any one of them. Hopefully, after that, I could get that fight. Froch or Abraham, they're my two biggest targets right now, but my golden ticket is Andre Ward. I mean, after all is said and done, I can get two or three of these belts and then fight Ward."

Dirrell has been trained by his uncle and grandfather, Leon Lawson Jr. and Leon Lawson Sr., respectively.

In a recent development, TMT Promotions has apparently attempted to sign Cotto, according to a report by BoxingScene.com.
    http://ring tv.craveonline.com/blog/174261-lems-latest-

Does this mean we could see some of the other TMT members as well?

Will dr Shaw hi be ringside to monitor his brain activities

Comment

he gets beat more convincingly but froch this time.

Comment

Originally posted by KingKhan1 View Post
        he gets beat more convincingly but froch this time.
        I really doubt he will fight any of those guys coming out of a lay off. If TMT wants to build him up they shouldn't risk him losing to these guys just yet.

Comment

A lot of talk..... Not enough action from this guy

Comment

hey andre, we havent forgotten...

Comment

He took a dive against Abraham imo

Comment

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post

hey andre, we havent forgotten...
                What did his corner say at the end? All I understood was "You motherfker....."

Comment

Working...
                X