No announcement yet.

Golden Boy Has No Idea How To Build Puerto Rican Fighters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Check View Post
    Yeah, Rios really isn't Mexican at all. He's pretty much doing that because Mexicans have a strong history of how he fights, not to mention a strong fan base. He may say whatever he wants but I highly doubt he knows the way Mexicans go about their lives.
    Rios is half native american on his moms side too

Comment

Originally posted by Hector Moreno View Post
      Rios is half native american on his moms side too
      That's cool but he sure in the hell isn't Mexican. Too many people think Mexican-American or whatever American are whatever the first part of the title is. Majority of Americans have never been or speak what their grandparents spoke or come from. That's why Americans need to ditch the whole whatever-american. It's a diverse country, we're all Americans and our majority of our grandparents came from other places. People like Rios are American and majority of these kids couldn't tell jack **** about where their grandparents came from. I'm cool with people celebrating their heritage but that certainly doesn't make you one of them.

Comment

That's cool but he sure in the hell isn't Mexican. Too many people think Mexican-American or whatever American are whatever the first part of the title is. Majority of Americans have never been or speak what their grandparents spoke or come from. That's why Americans need to ditch the whole whatever-american. It's a diverse country, we're all Americans and our majority of our grandparents came from other places. People like Rios are American and majority of these kids couldn't tell jack **** about where their grandparents came from. I'm cool with people celebrating their heritage but that certainly doesn't make you one of them.
        that's true most people in Mexico don't really care for Mexican Americans themselves and label them as americans

Comment

Americans should ditch the something-American, but that's just how they roll. You don't see Haye being called Jamaican-British, or Pascal being called Haitian-Canadian, or Khan a Pakistani-British. It's just the U.S. showing they're still not past segregation and racism.

Comment

Originally posted by Hector Moreno View Post
            that's true most people in Mexico don't really care for Mexican Americans themselves and label them as americans
            Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post
            Americans should ditch the something-American, but that's just how they roll. You don't see Haye being called Jamaican-British, or Pascal being called Haitian-Canadian, or Khan a Pakistani-British. It's just the U.S. showing they're still not past segregation and racism.
            That's why America is so ass backwards. For being such a great nation, that has become a melting pot we still can't get over the past and be united. If you think about it, it is pretty sad.

Comment

naw I would say GBP just suck at promoting on the East Coast!

that is why Danny Garcia and Peter Quillin are not bigger names, it is amazing going into this fight how many people don't much about Garcia, but hey this is a fight in which he can make that name for himself and I personally think he will!

Comment

It just reminds me of an episode last week in the NCAA tournament. The fans from Southern Miss University were chanting at a player where's your green card? The kid is American and these fools are shouting at him like he's from some other nation. They probably think he was Mexican too because he was tan and to a lot of Americans, if you are tan, you're Mexican, despite him being of Puerto Rican decent.

Things like that just boggle my mind because it's racist and the only reason they do it because he was tan, not black or white. Chances are though that tan kid lived here a long time. His parents were probably born here and his grandparents came over to America before that, just like majority of blacks or whites in this country.

Comment

It just reminds me of an episode last week in the NCAA tournament. The fans from Southern Miss University were chanting at a player where's your green card? The kid is American and these fools are shouting at him like he's from some other nation. They probably think he was Mexican too because he was tan and to a lot of Americans, if you are tan, you're Mexican, despite him being of Puerto Rican decent.

Things like that just boggle my mind because it's racist and the only reason they do it because he was tan, not black or white. Chances are though that tan kid lived here a long time. His parents were probably born here and his grandparents came over to America before that, just like majority of blacks or whites in this country.
                  I read about that. That was sad.

Don't they do that in Soccer as well? The white people make monkey noises or something, to black soccer players? Or they use to do that, I forgot.

Comment

Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post
                    I read about that. That was sad.

Don't they do that in Soccer as well? The white people make monkey noises or something, to black soccer players? Or they use to do that, I forgot.
                    I think that was in another nation where they threw bananas. I'll say something though, the nation is getting better. It's a lot of southern people and older people that are still very racist so as they die off it will get better. I still don't think it will be great though until we decide to drop this whole I'm Mexican ****. We need to be united as a nation as Americans. Only then can we be a great nation again.

Comment

That's why America is so ass backwards. For being such a great nation, that has become a melting pot we still can't get over the past and be united. If you think about it, it is pretty sad.
                      That's the point we are a melting pot. Unless you are super politically correct, you know you would address a person by their background. If I'm in Orlando and see a hot Cuban-American chick. I'd say look at that hot Cuban, not look at that hot American. Thats not descriptive and makes no sense. Use the Zimmerman case for example. Did you hear anyone say "hey you heard about the self appointed patrolman American that killed the teenage American"? No, but you did hear about a 28 yr old Mexican that killed a black teen. It's just more descriptive....

Comment

Working...
                      X