No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mario Barrios-Batyr Akhmedov Rematch Ordered By WBA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mario Barrios-Batyr Akhmedov Rematch Ordered By WBA

Batyr Akhmedov didn't get the win he felt he deserved in his title fight with Mario Barrios, but ultimately landed one major victory from the ordeal. The World Boxing Association (WBA) has ordered an immediate title fight rematch between the pair of junior welterweights, with their ruling being handed down less than two weeks after their thrilling first fight. Barrios scored two knockdowns-the latter coming late in the 12th round-en route to a disputed decision win over Uzbekistan's Akhmedov in their "Regular" title fight on Sept. 28 in Los Angeles, California.
    [Click Here To Read More]

That's awesome and the right call.

Comment

Awesome, it was a fight of the year candidate as well!

I seriously thought Barrios had a fractured cheek bone due to the overwhelming swelling he had on the right side of his face!

I think Akhmedov will win again, he knows he can hurt Barrios and overwhelm him now that he understands his style!

Barrios needs to heal up and work on his ring generalship or should watch how Klitscko fought smaller opponents!

If he uses his reach and clinch when Akhmedov comes in he can win an easy fight but it would be boring!

Comment

Great decision. Akhmedov was robbed.

Comment

Nice!

Akhmedov Will batter him again if Barrios takes the fight

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
            Great decision. Akhmedov was robbed.
            AT BEST you can score it a draw if you gave Barrios the first four of the five rounds plus scored the 12th round 10-8. So if it was a draw, I wouldn't be too mad, because it is certainly possible to get to that score. But to give Barrios 8 rounds? GTFO!

And I'm not sure if it makes sense for Barrios team to put him back in with Akhmedov. He took VICIOUS punishment in the 2nd half of the fight and very well could be effected going forward. This isn't even the real WBA belt so it may make sense for them to just turn this fight down and relinquish the "regular" title. Kid is still young and another beating could ruin him for good.

Comment

Good. Hopefully we can get some competent judges this time.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                AT BEST you can score it a draw if you gave Barrios the first four of the five rounds plus scored the 12th round 10-8. So if it was a draw, I wouldn't be too mad, because it is certainly possible to get to that score. But to give Barrios 8 rounds? GTFO!

And I'm not sure if it makes sense for Barrios team to put him back in with Akhmedov. He took VICIOUS punishment in the 2nd half of the fight and very well could be effected going forward. This isn't even the real WBA belt so it may make sense for them to just turn this fight down and relinquish the "regular" title. Kid is still young and another beating could ruin him for good.
                Yeah I wouldn’t be surprised to see him or his team side step this fight. He clearly lost IMO, the draw is maybe reasonably if you give Barrios every B.O.D but to give him 6 rounds or more is incompetence or bias IMO. Akhmedov put a beating on him.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                  Yeah I wouldn’t be surprised to see him or his team side step this fight. He clearly lost IMO, the draw is maybe reasonably if you give Barrios every B.O.D but to give him 6 rounds or more is incompetence or bias IMO. Akhmedov put a beating on him.
                  Well, Barrios DEFINITELY won three of the first five rounds clear as day. It is if you give him another one of the first five rounds and then it becomes VERY interesting. He was losing the 12th round before the KD, but was it wide enough for Akhmedov where you score it 10-9 instead of 10-8? I don't know, but draw is the best case scenario for Barrios. See no path to him getting a win here.

Comment

awesome. the WBA doing something right is kinda weird. akhmedov is gonna hurt barrios. barrios took a bad beating that night that might've affected him. they might just drop the belt and avoid this fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X