No announcement yet.

Bradley willing to extend with Top Rank

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ColdBlooded View Post
    Is the contract extension based on fights or time? Because if it is based on fights, then what is to stop Top Rank from putting another extension in the contract every time he's on the last fight of a contract extension? And if he signs a time based one, he'd better be careful. Otherwise he could rule out the possibility of a Mayweather showdown, since Mayweather is retiring soon. And Mayweather doesn't need to fight Bradley. He could finish his career fighting guys like Garcia, Khan, Maidana, and one other Golden Boy fighter.
    It could be either, it depend on what Bradley and his promoter agree upon..Shaw tried to do that very thing to Bradley, and he sat out and had to go thorough legal issues cause of it..I'm sure TR had to make a proposal, if Bradley likes it he'll resign if not, he won't..

Floyd might not fight Bradley even if Bradley went over to gbp, you never know in this sport..

Comment

• Originally posted by hougigo View Post
      It's done

Kevin Iole ‏@KevinI 15m
      The Pacquiao-Bradley fight is done for April 12 in Las Vegas
      Did they say anything about the extension??

Comment

• Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
        Did they say anything about the extension??
        No, so we can just assume for now he did with higher minimums

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
          Everything that needs to be said on this subject is in this post right here.

Just because GBP has a deeper roster doesn't mean Tim Bradley will make more money. Yeah Broner/Maidana and ShowTime is getting good ratings but Bradley is making more money than all of them. Bradley doesn't care about ratings. He cares about purses.

I just hope that if he in fact resigns with Top Rank, that he gets a very high contract minimum because there won't be a lot of career opportunities for him in the ring.
          Don't you know that this is the choice staring Rigondeaux in the foreseeable future too. I would have to think that he would chose to test the waters with Showtime though and the plethora of pugalists they have via Golden Boy Promotions. He could stay relatively busy over there for the remainder of his career and earn considerably well as his name recognition grows by fighting frequently. He only has one fight left with HBO right?

Get him on the April 12th Top Rank PPV Manny Pacquiao vs.Tim Bradley undercard ASAP https://twitter.com/CaribeBoxing and let him have his day in the sun before he withers on the vine!!

Comment

• I hope bradley gets paid alot,, he has earned it, and if he re-upped with Top Rank, i hope he gets some big $$$$$$$$

I bet you if he resigned, his signing bonus is bigger than the million that manny re-upped for... LMAO

Comment

• Originally posted by Young Herschel View Post
              Don't you know that this is the choice staring Rigondeaux in the foreseeable future too. I would have to think that he would chose to test the waters with Showtime though and the plethora of pugalists they have via Golden Boy Promotions. He could stay relatively busy over there for the remainder of his career and earn considerably well as his name recognition grows by fighting frequently. He only has one fight left with HBO right?

Get him on the April 12th Top Rank PPV Manny Pacquiao vs.Tim Bradley undercard ASAP https://twitter.com/CaribeBoxing and let him have his day in the sun before he withers on the vine!!
              Rigo is different. HBO doesn't want to show him because he has a VERY high contract minimum but doesn't generate the ratings to match it.

Comment

Working...
              X